Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-40 I think vanilla EQ is fine. 40-50 I think vanilla sucks. Too few options to find either a group or a good solo spot
Sadly this situation is also true of 55-60 in Kunark. Google "The Kunark Problem." An in-era "essay" from a member of the Afterlife Guild that talks all about it.

I feel like I'll PROBABLY reroll on Kunark launch after spending the final 4-5 months of Classic farming gear on my Shaman
Old 03-21-2020, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly this situation is also true of 55-60 in Kunark. Google "The Kunark Problem." An in-era "essay" from a member of the Afterlife Guild that talks all about it.

I feel like I'll PROBABLY reroll on Kunark launch after spending the final 4-5 months of Classic farming gear on my Shaman
This is absolutely the right way to approach Kunark. Avoid the 50 - 60 madhouse, enjoy the awesomeness that is leveling from 1 - 50 with Kunark zones.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Aviak

I admit that past 40s, kunark is really missed.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

1-50 in vanilla is the best. I wish that expansions filled in the vanilla world rather than leave them somewhat empty. I like when the PGT is a decent weapon, rather than vendor garbo.

I like all versions of EQ but after being in vanilla too long, Kunark for sure is a breathe of fresh jungle air.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzasuit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s just like your opinion, man.
Wrong,

"That's just like, your opinion, or something". I wouldn't have bothered, but that rug really does tie those rooms together.

Lets elaborate, pre-kunark sucks for most classes, except, chanter, shaman, mage, cleric, bard, necro.
Every other class sucks pretty hard. Never play melee pre-kunark, if dont know that, it's gonna be a very hard lesson to learn.
Closed Thread