Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-21-2023, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh! I was going to say: once you hit level 60 and gain some items and plat in groups or through solo farming, and you start to hit the ceiling of what you can get via solo or grouping, you might venture into raiding (but maybe you already have). Then, once you do a few dozen raids and collect the low-hanging fruit (like Plane of Sky's easier items, some Thurg or PoGrowth armor, maybe Halls of Testing armor), you might venture into stuff where you have to park a character and await a batphone (most of the epics require this), and there you are socking like the big dogs. Only question is when that batphone rings, do you wipe your butt before running to the computer.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh! I was going to say: once you hit level 60 and gain some items and plat in groups or through solo farming, and you start to hit the ceiling of what you can get via solo or grouping, you might venture into raiding (but maybe you already have). Then, once you do a few dozen raids and collect the low-hanging fruit (like Plane of Sky's easier items, some Thurg or PoGrowth armor, maybe Halls of Testing armor), you might venture into stuff where you have to park a character and await a batphone (most of the epics require this), and there you are socking like the big dogs. Only question is when that batphone rings, do you wipe your butt before running to the computer.
I have done this stuff in few semi-casual raiding guilds. I just haven't actually been in any of the Hardcore raiding guilds. I'm not 100% sure I want too be in any of them, but I might try it anyway, just be able to say yeah I did that once.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds?
They've gotten all the loot they can get with the casual guilds.

Or they tire of the clumsiness of a "lots of noobs" environment and want to be in an "elites only" environment.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have done this stuff in few semi-casual raiding guilds. I just haven't actually been in any of the Hardcore raiding guilds. I'm not 100% sure I want too be in any of them, but I might try it anyway, just be able to say yeah I did that once.
I totally think you should join one. There are a few bad apples in almost any bunch. Most people will be cool and normal, or weird but smart. Maybe you'll get the bug. And worst case, you can just leave.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally think you should join one. There are a few bad apples in almost any bunch. Most people will be cool and normal, or weird but smart. Maybe you'll get the bug. And worst case, you can just leave.
Yeah that's true, but the 1st raid leader that chews me up for missing a CH on a CH chain, I'm Q'ing out.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

It’s a community and it’s fun to participate.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:55 PM
Kobold

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD
Old 05-21-2023, 10:56 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2023, 10:57 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2023, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Can we not post Gifs in RNF? I tried to post a GIF and it's not working.