Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be so fun if it actually happened. Imagine the possibilities with almost all regular people suddenly thrust into the halls of power without being groomed for it or being power or attention-hungry to begin with. It could truly be a thing of beauty! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called "Citizen's Assembly". I believe there's another term for it too.

Ancient Athens used to do it.

And modern-day France, Canada, and Ireland have all used it or practiced it recently.

The US uses it to choose jury members for court cases, essentially.

It's not perfect, but might help in some ways.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something we can agree on to an extent.

Purging the current and replacing with randoms will not solve anything. This country needs to ensure current members of congress and their families are banned from trading stock. Lobbying/money need removed entirely, too much influence from powerful companies/corporations/associations. Citizens united decision was the apex of bad decisions.

Term limits in theory sound alright, but I am not 100% sold on this. On its own it does not work.
35 of them beat the market. There are 535 members of Congress.

CU was required by prior precedent in Buckley v. Valeo and reaffirmed in McCutcheon v. FEC. It's time to put down this talking point.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:25 AM
Banned

Honestly I dont think my life has ever been materially impacted in any way by who the speaker of the house is. Which party has a majority is a bit more important, but even then not much.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I dont think my life has ever been materially impacted in any way by who the speaker of the house is. Which party has a majority is a bit more important, but even then not much.
A house leader needs to be picked as part of the first action of the House in the new year.

Why not a democrat leader in the house after all he got more votes than McCarthy, was recently argued by a moron on radio.

Ben Shapiro on his podcast argued that would be great, being able to blame the democrats house leader for nothing getting done by a Republican majority in the house.
---

Only it isn't going to happen.

Beside with no republican leadership it would make it super easy for ear marks in a bill to push mostly anything through the House giving Democrats what they want.
No focused blow back by a Republican house leader.

Ben really isn't smart.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:06 AM
Banned

Jordan Peterson sentenced to “re-education camp” for WrongThink and mean tweets. Apparently specifically tweets negative about their Dear Leader Justin Trudeau has “harmed people” (you use that word, I don’t think you know what it means)

Lol so glad I don’t live in Canada
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 11:07 AM
Banned

Literally re-education camp too.

Fuckin fascist fucks.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally re-education camp too.

Fuckin fascist fucks.
Has to be “re-educated” in order to keep his job on why Dear Leader Justin Trudeau is really the best thing to ever happen to Canada. Fuckin yikes man

And he’s going to do it too, just to broadcast what it involves, which will probably cause him to fail. Ah well, at least he probably has a pile of money saved up he can survive on
Old 01-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jordan Peterson sentenced to “re-education camp” for WrongThink and mean tweets. Apparently specifically tweets negative about their Dear Leader Justin Trudeau has “harmed people” (you use that word, I don’t think you know what it means)

Honestly it would be fun to both go into the same psychward as Jordan Peterson and hang out in pajamas during group therapy sessions. The bro would learn a lot and so would I. And we'd teach a lot too. We both have a lot to give. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Banned

Picturing a short while into the camp, an announcement from Dear Leader

“It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that during re-education camp, Mr Peterson volunteered for our greatly expanded euthanasia program and has been humanely put down. His bank accounts have been frozen like those truck protestors and will be transferred to the state, not to his children”
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fakenews well kinda... misinformation...

It all revolves over this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RogerPalfree/sta...96405326995458

Some guy on Twitter said "the planet is too overpopulated, too many humans". Jordan Peterson was apparently annoyed at this take and responded with a flippant "you could leave".

He probably didn't mean "yeah well you could kill yourself that'd help", but it could kinda be taken that way? And the College of Psychologists pointed that out to him, and said he should re-complete his social media training to avoid such pitfalls in the future.

They're not compelling him to complete the training. And they're definitely not threatening his license over it. But they did essentially insult him and his psychology credentials, accused him of basically swinging wild with his internet words and that's a psych no-no, so he's doing the whole "the whole world is out to get me" thing.

He is using the trash news media like the Sun to push his agenda. https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...tements-online
Closed Thread