Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One guy says infestation is better now, one says it can’t keep aggro. What’s going on here?
Their dps probably aren't using vulak daggers and eashen claws lol...some dps generate way more agro than others.

Best way to test for yourself is the turtle in iceclad, not Lodi but the green one that has 5 billion hps. Get a wizard with flux staff, proc, see how many flux staffs to click it off you, then deduct the swing agro to find proc amount
This turtle great for test
https://wiki.project1999.com/Corudoth
Last edited by Allishia; 01-06-2023 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-06-2023, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their dps probably aren't using vulak daggers and eashen claws lol...some dps generate way more agro than others.

Best way to test for yourself is the turtle in iceclad, not Lodi but the green one that has 5 billion hps. Get a wizard with flux staff, proc, see how many flux staffs to click it off you, then deduct the swing agro to find proc amount
You tested off hand aggro bonus is still in?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-06-2023, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You tested off hand aggro bonus is still in?
Yes it's still awesome thank God lol
Old 01-06-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Mainly, the important thing with respect to the current patch is that there's little difference between most weapon effects, aside from the Warrior epic, and as such overall ratio wins. Well, that, and get used to gobbling at your rogues to use evade on cooldown.

Do not throw away your former aggro weapons just yet. We have reason to believe the current setup is a work in progress and we'll see more changes in the future, although *when* is anyone's guess.

Danth
Old 01-06-2023, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, we are hoping they fix it in a good way not in a bad way, so don't delete your feverblade =P
Old 01-07-2023, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oooo the Flux staff clicks are a great idea! Any idea how much agro per click? I guess I could just math that out too, now that I think about it...
Old 01-07-2023, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oooo the Flux staff clicks are a great idea! Any idea how much agro per click? I guess I could just math that out too, now that I think about it...
Flux stuff is assumed 50/click
Old 01-07-2023, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flux stuff is assumed 50/click
Understood. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2023, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understood. Thank you!
Egh. I would't bother with flux staff. I just use nukes to test spell/proc hate. Flux staff should be 20 hate though. 10 hate per resist debuff. I don't see benefit of using it over nukes though.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:24 PM
Banned

Wavecrasher still turns mobs to me in pickup groups whenever it procs and usually holds it fine. Plus I mean it's a slow, so it's a valuable proc to have in many settings even if aggro is nerfed. Still might wanna hold off on buying one though cause I really don't think they're worth 20k anymore without the aggro. Still great to have though.