Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-15-2024, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Auction Zones from classic era

So back in the day, certain servers had different auction zones iirc. I played on Xegony and everyone auctioned in GFay and hung out at spires and near the bank. I believe Veeshan server the auction zone was North Freeport? I could be wrong or EC just like here.

I think most servers it was EC but are there any other zones yall saw that people auctioned in that wasn't EC Tunnel?
Old 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

I forget which server I was on,but it was definitely gfay
Old 02-15-2024, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

My play server was Terris Thule which was the tunnel, but yeah GFay and NFP were in second place in frequency. Think there were one or two where it was Nek which was kind of odd.

I always thought Toxx might be a good spot if they had launched with Paineel in the game originally. It's a small zone with both Wizard and Druid ports and you'd have two cities for banking right there.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

I played on Vallon Zek (Teams PvP).

The 3 light race teams used to use GFay (near bank), but it did mean you still risked being attacked.
Back in the day when you used to have to type out all the items and stats, or 'show' people in trade window the items you were selling.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

EC tunnel makes a lot of sense as it's the converging point between all races and works well for good and evil and no mobs spawn there. Not sure how Gfay works for evil characters since there is no where they can bank.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

My favorite spot was Mith Marr NFP area... Every house, room, roof, location was crowded to the gills. It's just a dang ugly, empty zone on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2024, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Here is an auction zone story for you! We’d run auctions for confiscated items in the CSHome zone to be transferred on to our personal characters. The server was so corrupt we didn’t need to worry about getting caught.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-16-2024, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite spot was Mith Marr NFP area... Every house, room, roof, location was crowded to the gills. It's just a dang ugly, empty zone on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how that's ideal for evil characters as most evils start off kos there.
Old 02-16-2024, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how Gfay works for evil characters since there is no where they can bank.
If you have invis, you can go along the outside of the bank building, out of los and click the banker through the window with no aggro (similar to how kos bank it in nfp)
Old 02-16-2024, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

EC tunnel is the best choice. I don't want the tranquility of Gfay ruined by auction spam and ogres running around
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)