Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-02-2024, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default Camps like paineel guards

My bard hit 48 and thus has outlevelled Paineel guards.

What are some other camps like this.

He is currently in Feerot I was trying specs I guess. I can illusion to sell in Oggok.

Is this a good choice? what else is a low effort plat/exp farm?

Also levelling alts, whats the lowest level you can start paineel guards?

Are there gaps where you need to go and come back, where should I go in those gaps.

I like to either faction and exp, and exp and plat farm, instead of just exp.

I have recently returned and don't have as much time so I need a chill camp.

I can't farm a rare and not have it spawn and waste the 2 hours.
Old 03-03-2024, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Specs will be good til 49 at best, you're probably seeing 1/3 or 2/3 as light blue already.

Nobles used to be good til 54 but I think these days the vendors aggro if you pull them so that sucks. Have you considered Grobb guards? They'd probably be good til just after 50.

Paineel guards do have a few gaps but you can start at the two at the base of the lift around 18ish from memory (though the super green ones you've been killing upstairs in that open courtyard might be the same level), then work around to the grassy outside area with the 2 guarding a portcullis doorway then continue on around to the bank ones. There's definitely gaps along the way! Maybe look at a trip to Highkeep after bank area guards and before doing the higher ones in the courtyard on the level where Latorl walks around.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:10 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah specs had a couple of greens but Respawned fast enough I'd kill all the blues, then by the time I killed one green the first blue was back.

I switched to hgs and the money is insane even post nerf.

I'm hoping to get to 50 and get my ot hammer on the bard.

After that I really don't know where I'll go.

Guards are kinda out, I don't wanna tank factions too much. As a bard I'm basically non kos everywhere and don't like to lose that.

I'm not an rper but don't want to kill fellow humans or whatever if they aren't bandits or something
Old 03-03-2024, 04:25 AM
Fire Giant

Hhk is the obvious answer (merchants don't assist), but you've exnayed that.

You can try cs wyverns. Money isn't great but also not non-existent. Another idea is bloodgill gobs. They are great exp and allow you to camp a vp medallion. Not money or faction, but a double dip on some level.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hhk is the obvious answer (merchants don't assist), but you've exnayed that.

You can try cs wyverns. Money isn't great but also not non-existent. Another idea is bloodgill gobs. They are great exp and allow you to camp a vp medallion. Not money or faction, but a double dip on some level.
Interesting, do the blood gill gobs there also give legion of cabalis faction?
Old 03-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Aviak

Lowest I have done on Paineel guards is lvl 16, and you can squeeze out 51 levels in Paineel. The palace door guards on one side are the lowest, but you have to be careful as those two will flee at low health. The two on the other side are a bit higher lvl, but wont flee.

Also remember the Paineel guards are considered open world, and tech can only claim 1 of them as a camp. Most people will still respect camps though, but don't be shocked if a level 60 plat farmer comes in and kills everything.

It's funny because I got to see the neck beard fight over them, and the GM ruling it.
Funny enough one of those same neck beards months later, when I was on another alt. Tried to claim them all as a camp he was farming, when I came in to claim one.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hhk is the obvious answer (merchants don't assist)
If they fixed that I'll be back!
Old 03-20-2024, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

You can reverse kite guards in Grobb for good plat. They have a ton more hps but you should be able to to keep down at least 5 blue cons near the entrance and sell with illusion.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:21 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah grobb guards are good til 54,even 55 if you can deal with some greens
Old 03-20-2024, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Hill giants to 51 and then Geo caves to 60 is the way.

Hill giants EXP tapers off heavy as you approach 51 but the plat is so good its worth it. Also (atleast on green) tends to be a competitive camp so great way to sharpen your FTE skills. Bards are one of if not the strongest classes at the giant hill in Rathe...You can AE down all the trash to up the HG spawn rate, track to be the first to know when HGs spawn and what direction, fastest run speed to get to the mob and then you can either fear/snare kite (I pull them off the hill first for safety) or if you find 2, or get an add, you can charm kite.

Same with Geos except they are a lot more plentiful so charm kiting is 100% the way to go, just find a good place where you can grab 2 at a time in the caves. Charm one, use your 3x drum dots, then switch to the other and repeat until they are both about dead and running, once they are running snare and finish off with drum dots. Awesome exp all the way to 60 with very few greening out and great source of plat from all the gems as well as the stocking up on velious armor gems. If you get some decent resist gear the shaman become the same difficulty or easier than the regular geos, I resist most of their spells with velious raid resist gear.
Last edited by WarpathEQ; 03-20-2024 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: added resist gear comment