Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Large Bat

Default Super slow walk

As well as having a random super speed run, I get random super slow walks. 5 minutes ago I just died because when I ran away from a zomie, i was walking super slow. Is this just lag? And how can I fix it?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As well as having a random super speed run, I get random super slow walks. 5 minutes ago I just died because when I ran away from a zomie, i was walking super slow. Is this just lag? And how can I fix it?
Not sure what you are experiencing, unless it's the AMD / Dual Core issue, you may want to search for it.

You do know, that in EQ when you start to get low on health < 30% I think, your agility starts to drop and your walk / runspeed slows down considerably?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Large Bat

Default No

No it happens all the time randomly. I will be running around and then get repetitive lag that makes me slow down rapidly, some times up to a minute of lag walk.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Large Rat

Cool Speed

I am having the same problem. I have a dual core. I have the targeting for the program setup for dual core. When i first redid the targeting i had zero problems for about a week. Now i get patches of speed. Really fast and patches of slow or lag-like complications. It is weird and i cannot find the source. I have died a few times because i will get the super slow effect. But the mobs move the same speed. So like i will accidently get aggro from something that can easily kill me. Then i go to run. I have sow on. And i get the slow effect. The critter chasing me is going normal speed. But i am going really really slow. So they catch up with me and kill me within a minute once the slow effect starts. i wont go into detail about the speed because it might be an unfair advantage. But they are clearly related imo. It all seems to depend on when i log in also. it is one or the other. I will either log in and get patches of speed or patches of slow. Never one then the other at the same time. I have dsl. I run vista but i configured the properties and settings to Service pack 2. I had also had the problem with the 255 spell issue and downloaded and replaced the files following the guide. I am not sure if that would contribute to my problem.. but thought i should throw it in there. When i first installed game and played i would only get slow issues. Then i adjusted everything to the low graphics. Frames per second all of that. I have accidently hit the ruglar EQ shortcut a few times on accident and close the patcher within secs when i realized.

I cant seem to find a solution. Maybe if you have done any of this and we have the same problems it would be easier to find a solution.

Good Luck and Happy hunting. Onyxeyes.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Large Rat

I think I have found the problem. I have a program that was installed that was a feature for my internet called boost. It isnt up to date and something is wrong with it. I have noticed these periods of slow walking and really fast running only occured when the program was flashing. It is made to make your connections really really fast for periods of time when it can. But mine seems to be working like a catipillar. It will slows way down and have a brief moment were the speed jumps. Along with the regular speed of my dsl.

Hope this helps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Large Rat

I can guarantee you both the issue your having is with the dual core processor. I used to get that all the time and i cannot explain how frustrating it is!

A good fix that i found, which works for me 100% (i have an intel core centrino) is to right click your everquest shortcut, and in the "Target" path, type in: C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

and then in your "Start in:" part, either change it to the C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest or wherever EQ is installed (but tbh this should already be correct).

Your shortcut should now appear as a black box with c\ on it, this just means that its running a command instead of directly running the game.

Hope this helps!

Ganthan
Old 02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Large Rat

I run the game like that. It Does not help any. I have tried winlancher xp also i still cannot seem to find a solution
Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

Google: WinEQ2

Download it. Use it when running EverQuest. Problem solved.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

I cannot use wineq2 because they are not sending me a registration email [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]