Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-11-2023, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid without epic is more of a leech than one with.

People are in guilds cos they want to help each other, especially first time mains, get pixels.

They’ll jump at the chance to help you. I know I would.
I can't even use the Epic's clicky until 50, but...I'll PM Zumbutu and see what he says. I can do the running around and foraging now at least, but I'd need a VS stone and a lot of help with kills.

The idea was to hopefully get some DKP at 55 and use that to buy a VS stone from the guild bank.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Oh we don’t bank those.

That said, tanking VSR is really easy these days. If the schedules align (the hardest part) and you can get 3 enchanters, a 60 tank, and some solid dps, it’s a done deal. Or the right mix with less people.

Keep two stacks of dots, a rez scroll, and be sure to have a firefly globe summoned. Track VSR (you have to be further in the zone with a Druid unless using a pet, or zone line with a ranger). Cross your fingers for a turnout and that’s it.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh we don’t bank those.

That said, tanking VSR is really easy these days. If the schedules align (the hardest part) and you can get 3 enchanters, a 60 tank, and some solid dps, it’s a done deal. Or the right mix with less people.

Keep two stacks of dots, a rez scroll, and be sure to have a firefly globe summoned. Track VSR (you have to be further in the zone with a Druid unless using a pet, or zone line with a ranger). Cross your fingers for a turnout and that’s it.
If that's the case I'll probably have to MQ the VS stone (at a guildie discount hopefully, lol) and maybe the Kedge crystals as well, and just get help for the remaining corrupted mobs that don't require a full party to bring down. I know Pod of Seawater is roughly 10k, but I'd only pay that if it came with the Froglok Essence too.

So I guess I'll offer Woodchips some plat when I'm ready to start working on it.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 05-11-2023 at 09:44 PM..
Old 05-12-2023, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Someone might let you charm a caller of sathir pet, which you can /pet attack Venril from the zone in with to determine whether it spawned.

Edit: Or track with ur ranger n switch to dr00d

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone might let you charm a caller of sathir pet, which you can /pet attack Venril from the zone in with to determine whether it spawned.

Edit: Or track with ur ranger n switch to dr00d
Per guild advice I set my bind point at Ulumps spawn point, so I can easily check for him and mobilize a group together when he is up. He's not a batphone target so I just gotta catch him at the right time. They also helped me get the first piece tonight, the Green Tree Bark from Corrupted Gorilla. Took longer than we expected to finally get him to spawn.

Next week I'm going to be housesitting for my sister to watch her elderly dog, so I'll have at least three days to play uninterrupted. I plan to start going hard on my Epic in those 3 days and knocking out as much of it as I can.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 05-12-2023 at 03:23 AM..
Old 05-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per guild advice I set my bind point at Ulumps spawn point, so I can easily check for him and mobilize a group together when he is up. He's not a batphone target so I just gotta catch him at the right time. They also helped me get the first piece tonight, the Green Tree Bark from Corrupted Gorilla. Took longer than we expected to finally get him to spawn.

Next week I'm going to be housesitting for my sister to watch her elderly dog, so I'll have at least three days to play uninterrupted. I plan to start going hard on my Epic in those 3 days and knocking out as much of it as I can.
Did you talk to zumbutu? He Def would get ya pieces on community night, that's what it's for.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

How much would you say the MQ for the Corrupted Gobin Shamans item costs? I tried to do it on my own last night and got eaten alive (and drowned trying to get my corpse back, completely my fault), mainly because Harmony doesn't appear to work underwater and Gate kept failing. I'd probably struggle to hold this camp even at 51, maybe at 53-54 it'd become feasible.

At present I have the Softly Glowing Stone and 5 of the cleansed spirit items: Ancient Rock (HG), Seavines (Seafury), Chunk of Tundra (Wooly Mammoth), Froglok Essence (Ulump), and Green Treebark (Gorillas).
Old 05-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much would you say the MQ for the Corrupted Gobin Shamans item costs? I tried to do it on my own last night and got eaten alive (and drowned trying to get my corpse back, completely my fault), mainly because Harmony doesn't appear to work underwater and Gate kept failing. I'd probably struggle to hold this camp even at 51, maybe at 53-54 it'd become feasible.

At present I have the Softly Glowing Stone and 5 of the cleansed spirit items: Ancient Rock (HG), Seavines (Seafury), Chunk of Tundra (Wooly Mammoth), Froglok Essence (Ulump), and Green Treebark (Gorillas).
Nobody MQs the goblin, it's easy. Harmony always works, you're just not understanding how aggro radius works. They are prob too close together if you're not getting singles. Try pulling ph out with a low spell and rot it off to the side. Lev helps with water push interrupt too.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody MQs the goblin, it's easy. Harmony always works, you're just not understanding how aggro radius works. They are prob too close together if you're not getting singles. Try pulling ph out with a low spell and rot it off to the side. Lev helps with water push interrupt too.
I'll try again after I've done the Barracuda, by then I should have my swimming up. It was barely at 40 when I attempted the Goblins.
Old 05-16-2023, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

To be fair, the lake rathe goblin is annoying with the water pushback. I did it in the mid 50s. The PH always came single and I just pulled back to a wall and backed into a corner to nuke it down.

Additionally, if you have a more suitable character (like a necro with DMF) you can camp it with that and log over to druid to loot.