Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-03-2023, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're getting played on all this cha advice. You'll throw the cha items in your bags and never bother to actually equip them. Critical calm resists are just part of the game and 20 extra starter cha isn't going to change that in any meaningful way. 5 agi on the dwarf is a must then the best stat is wis bc it'll be harder to gear around then sta
meh

i solo'd on my paladin

not getting crist resists made for much higher xp/hour

to each dey own doe
Old 03-03-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

I'm casual, I put all the points into Strength and didn't regret it. The early levels are the hardest anyhow where strength makes the biggest difference. Late game, you'll have amazing gear boosting all stats, who cares if not completely maxed in this or that, it probably won't make a difference like strength early in the game did for you.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm casual, I put all the points into Strength and didn't regret it. The early levels are the hardest anyhow where strength makes the biggest difference. Late game, you'll have amazing gear boosting all stats, who cares if not completely maxed in this or that, it probably won't make a difference like strength early in the game did for you.
Str is a cool option for leveling. It’s fun if you can just chill at max str which isn’t exactly easy to do even with pretty good twinkage. I wouldn’t recommend it though if you want to get serious about your character at 60.
Old 03-05-2023, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

I’d definitely put the 5 points into agility and then. I personally would put the rest into wisdom as a dwarf, as charisma is an easy stat to bump for the purposes of lulling and is only really beneficial when soloing. I solo a lot on mine so the charisma is worth it, but I’d rather have mana over the solo help later on.

To answer the question, Dwarf is better in nearly every single metric. The only benefit to the half elf is not having to put five points into agility, but even with that considered, your stats will be better on the dwarf.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 03-05-2023 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-05-2023, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't plan on soloing much then charisma probably isn't a big deal at all. But if you aren't planning on soloing then race doesn't matter anyways.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d definitely put the 5 points into agility and then. I personally would put the rest into wisdom as a dwarf, as charisma is an easy stat to bump for the purposes of lulling and is only really beneficial when soloing. I solo a lot on mine so the charisma is worth it, but I’d rather have mana over the solo help later on.

To answer the question, Dwarf is better in nearly every single metric. The only benefit to the half elf is not having to put five points into agility, but even with that considered, your stats will be better on the dwarf.
What’s the thing with agility? I don’t really get it, it’s not hard to get to 75 agi via items in velious.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the thing with agility? I don’t really get it, it’s not hard to get to 75 agi via items in velious.
It just makes your gear more flexible, because you are swapping out gear for clickies, resistance pieces, etc. A lot of gear doesn't have AGI on it, so you are forcing yourself to have at least one piece with it on at all times. Much better in most cases just to put 5 into it at the beginning.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It just makes your gear more flexible, because you are swapping out gear for clickies, resistance pieces, etc. A lot of gear doesn't have AGI on it, so you are forcing yourself to have at least one piece with it on at all times. Much better in most cases just to put 5 into it at the beginning.
+6 neck will get you above the AGI penalty, same with the Crown of Narandi, both items that will basically never be replaced and will get you resists as well.

If you do end up replacing them and obtaining BiS, you will still be well above the AGI cap:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Paladin_BIS

Along with things like avatar & cat o nine tails, I don't see the value in that 5 extra AGI. Maybe in classic, but it's simply overkill in Velious due to the number of good agility items out there.

Dwarves should be going 20 into CHA if they plan to solo/group. If they never plan to solo/group at 60 and only raid, then WIS would be a better option.
Last edited by Crede; 03-06-2023 at 10:33 AM..
Old 03-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
+6 neck will get you above the AGI penalty, same with the Crown of Narandi, both items that will basically never be replaced and will get you resists as well.

If you do end up replacing them and obtaining BiS, you will still be well above the AGI cap:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Paladin_BIS

Along with things like avatar & cat o nine tails, I don't see the value in that 5 extra AGI. Maybe in classic, but it's simply overkill in Velious due to the number of good agility items out there.

Dwarves should be going 20 into CHA if they plan to solo/group. If they never plan to solo/group at 60 and only raid, then WIS would be a better option.
Your magic resistance isn't capped, even with 6 neck or https://wiki.project1999.com/Valtron...lace_of_Wonder .

https://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_the_Storm is a great swap for magic resistance, but you would lose the agility on the neck slot, as an example.

I am not saying you are wrong. Full BiS should have AGI on one piece. If you really want to maximize every point, and you know exactly what gear you are going to get, then you can avoid putting the 5 points into AGI.

For most players, the 5 AGI is the better option. I also did the 5 AGI as an Ogre, so I could get from 70 to 75. I don't regret it, since I never have to worry about AGI on my items, or worry about using an AGI buff.

I have raid gear in most of my slots, but only three pieces actually have AGI on it, my neck piece, my face, and my legs. My neck piece gets swapped out for https://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_the_Storm when I need more MR. The pants are basically BiS for Shamans, so technically I don't need the +5 AGI. However, my Lodi Shield cancels out my leg bonus with -5 AGI, so I am only getting AGI from my face slot at the end of the day when swapping for resistances. I can maintain one agility piece at all times, but that is because I have an AGI piece that is also a great resistance piece for the slot.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-06-2023 at 01:09 PM..