Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

You'll use calm all the time but still go agi and wis
Old 03-02-2023, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uza Khan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys for the replies and feedback. Appreciate it.

I have seen that for Dwarves, they are recommended to always put at least 5 into AGI before doing anything else, and that the rest could/should go CHA or WIS. I've seen plenty of posts talking about the min/max value is in CHA or WIS given that so much gear is STR/STA based.

Toxigen mentioned going full CHA as well. Seeing as how Dwarves are so abyssmally low in CHA, doesn't it make the most sense in this game to put the other 15 there? Or even all 20 for that matter?

Do you ever see Dwarven Paladins soloing using Lull? It seems like a character's level is the most important consideration when doing that, but like Swish said, you have to properly equip yourself.

I don't think I could make a mistake either way where I put the rest....it is just 15 points after all....but you guys have been around way longer and have seen much more than I have, and so your experiences & observed opinions do carry weight.

Thanks.
I’d go all 20 into cha. Can raise agi with items like barbed dragonscale Pauldrons. Can also camp stuff like the cat o nine tails for agi proc. You will def cast lull/calm/paci/dw arms if you plan to solo/small group so it’s definitely a thing. You can stack cha items and luminary two handed sword proc for more cha, but never hurts to have more of it innately.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Go all sta and appreciate needing less pure sta items at 60
Old 03-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Aviak

With a few cheap/easy to acquire items like the stein mentioned earlier and

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kobold_Jester%27s_Crown

https://wiki.project1999.com/Luminary_Two_Handed_Sword

CHA is pretty easy to get boosted. I wouldn't let cha be a deciding factor on race choice. I vote for dwarf.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Overseer rings are nice too.

Really it just depends on how you play. Lulling full rooms in lower guk? I would pack some CHA gear to cut down on the panic moments. Without Enstill root camping is very difficult (30 sec or so on “Root” for max duration).

Splitting two spawns in like HK, Oggok or Grobb? The zone is so close.

I’d prob go dwarf. Cultural armor, stamina. Would set you up really good casual or for raiding. Maybe Wisdom if going to be an extreme raider. Or CHA if a solo adventurer.

Or just pick any race you want. If you like HE more every time you see one you will be a little jealous. Or whatever that first choice was. You have to stare at the character a lot…
Old 03-02-2023, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll use calm all the time but still go agi and wis
Calm all the time but rare occasion youll need 20 extra wis/agi.

Sounds like a no brainer, the community has voted OP - Dwarf with 20 into CHA - Enjoy that cultural armor and lookin like a boss. Once you obtain epic you'll never even think about the nature's defender.
Last edited by Crede; 03-02-2023 at 09:43 PM..
Old 03-02-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overseer rings are nice too.

Really it just depends on how you play. Lulling full rooms in lower guk? I would pack some CHA gear to cut down on the panic moments. Without Enstill root camping is very difficult (30 sec or so on “Root” for max duration).

Splitting two spawns in like HK, Oggok or Grobb? The zone is so close.

I’d prob go dwarf. Cultural armor, stamina. Would set you up really good casual or for raiding. Maybe Wisdom if going to be an extreme raider. Or CHA if a solo adventurer.

Or just pick any race you want. If you like HE more every time you see one you will be a little jealous. Or whatever that first choice was. You have to stare at the character a lot…
Yes, those rings are great. I'd keep em equipped pretty much 24/7 on pally. Nice ac, dex, and resists too to complement the cultural armor MR & dwarf natty MR.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Overseer%27s_Signet
Old 03-03-2023, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Do you want to look like a Half Elf or a Dwarf? Both are fine options.

As for the 5 AGI, there's an AC penalty if you're under 75 AGI. Dwarves start with 70. You can put 5 starting points into AGI, or you can just get 5 AGI from your gear somewhere.

Personally I'd do Half Elf, but the barrel roll is pretty fucking cool, ngl.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

As people have said, it really depends on what your goals are. I've been leveling a paladin recently, just hit 45 yesterday. I have mostly done small group and solo things. For this reliable lulls make a night and day difference. It is much easier to fight one mob then three and the extra dwarven strength doesn't change that.

If you are mostly interested in dungeons (and as a paladin that is probably what you should be targeting) then I think High Elf and charisma focus is the best option. Yes you probably won't max out strength or stamina unless you become a raider at 60. And you can feel those loss of stats, but not as acutely as you can feel being able to reliably lull things to grab only the target you want.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

You're getting played on all this cha advice. You'll throw the cha items in your bags and never bother to actually equip them. Critical calm resists are just part of the game and 20 extra starter cha isn't going to change that in any meaningful way. 5 agi on the dwarf is a must then the best stat is wis bc it'll be harder to gear around then sta