Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-20-2023, 06:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lguk ghoul lord room
I've had some success in the hallways near there, but I'm not sure I have the gear or skill to manage the Lord room as I was struggling with the casters and got a few critical pacify resists too. However, those Bok Knights there do seem like nice targets. I'll keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did about half of 59 vs the plaguebone champions (and the other greater plaguebones were often high green) at the ruins (and near the vp key dude) on #5 in dreadlands.

It's garbage xp, the champion mobs have way too many hp, and sometimes while you're medding a bard comes and pulls the ruins and you have to wait 20+ mins for the kite to die so you run over and rez people fighting around kc.

In other words - perfect cleric solo spot.

-Mcoy
Ha! Yeah, I think the Champions there are the same as by Wizard Portal. 6500hp is brutal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turnkey or somewhere else in KC basement, most are blue to 60, some of the prisoners are exp green (Safe spot at the stairs right before the spawns)

Foreman and solo marines in OT maybe, easier during night when the dragons are out patrolling.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out KC. I don't have much experience in that zone aside from a bit of grouping on my Rogue. Looking at the wiki, seems like Turnkey will be too tough, but maybe some of the Spectrals down there have less HP and I can do them.

Interested out of the box idea about OT, I'll give it a whirl next time I hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KC basement. Theres a safe room. Lull out singles.
Seems like KC might be a good spot! I'll go check it out, thank you for the suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS is filled with solo Necros and Enchanters who would probably love to duo with a Cleric.

And clicky rez is a god send in that zone.

But if you wanna solo there, I'd message someone inside to make sure that entrance is clear. Because it can be a pain to break into sometimes.
Lot of farming, or networking, away from getting my sprinkler. Yeah, I'll go defang Xalgoz sometime soon and dip my toe into HS and look to duo. Yeah, good tip about getting a headsup before jumping in, ha! Thanks!
Old 02-20-2023, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Try grik the exiled in swamp. not undead but gonna be your easiest mob to hit 60 with if youre ok logging out since it tends to be camped more often
Old 02-20-2023, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lot of farming, or networking, away from getting my sprinkler. Yeah, I'll go defang Xalgoz sometime soon and dip my toe into HS and look to duo. Yeah, good tip about getting a headsup before jumping in, ha! Thanks!
You'd probably be fine, honestly. But the entrance mobs are usually one undead and one living, and a 3rd add if you time it incorrectly. But Clerics get Invulnerable spells and roots, so you'd just need enough mana to burn down a living mob and an undead mob.

Being a Necro, I typically Invuln'd myself to avoid HT and then feign death after getting aggro. That's another thing to deal with in HS. Everything undead HTs in there.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric gets plate armour, divine aura, root, paci and memblur. They can zone into a zone.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric gets plate armour, divine aura, root, paci and memblur. They can zone into a zone.
And so do Necros and Chanters, but they also eat shit when breaking into HS if they aren't careful.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And so do Necros and Chanters, but they also eat shit when breaking into HS if they aren't careful.
Necros and Chanters get plate? And Chanters get DA? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros and Chanters get plate? And Chanters get DA? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roughly speaking...they have a capable kit available to them.

If anyone, on any class zones into HS without being prepared or knowing what they'll walk into, there's probably a 98% chance of them dying.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try grik the exiled in swamp. not undead but gonna be your easiest mob to hit 60 with if youre ok logging out since it tends to be camped more often
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm sticking to undead only for this character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly, I agree that Clerics have nice survivability. However, and considering my seemingly apparent noobishness, I think Encroaching Death was wise and just trying to be helpful in suggesting caution for me specifically when seeking to visit HS.

I'll be checking out KC this weekend, going to explore the basement area per the ideas in this thread, to see if I can make it viable for my half paying attention play style during the work week. I'll share an update for others looking for ideas after I check it out.

Additionally, I'm going to get my HS key and I convince a friend to join me sometime in the future, I'll report back how many times I die (if any) for the laughs.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2023, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm sticking to undead only for this character.

Certainly, I agree that Clerics have nice survivability. However, and considering my seemingly apparent noobishness, I think Encroaching Death was wise and just trying to be helpful in suggesting caution for me specifically when seeking to visit HS.

I'll be checking out KC this weekend, going to explore the basement area per the ideas in this thread, to see if I can make it viable for my half paying attention play style during the work week. I'll share an update for others looking for ideas after I check it out.

Additionally, I'm going to get my HS key and I convince a friend to join me sometime in the future, I'll report back how many times I die (if any) for the laughs.

Thanks!
Always zone into HS with HoT then IVU on, that way at most you’ll only take 1 HT.l with healing immediately kicking in after. There’s a spot against the wall in OT by the orb you can cast it and have your key ready to click asap so they don’t attack you. Once in, if you do happen to get 1 HT, should be plenty of time to handle the adds or just da until you figure out your plans.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah don't worry about claiming Turnkey. Just run through LCY, go up the stairs to ramparts, head towards Hands, then take that right before and go down the spiral staircase to basement.

Off to the left in that first main corridor, there are 3 undead. Just beyond them on the left is an empty room. This is entirely safe. Lull out your singles, root/nuke, med, repeat.

More mobs further down the hall, go left, they will be single in their little cubbies so either IVU or use /tar to get your lull targets.