Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-03-2023, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was gonna try to hold out for Narandis lance at 55... But I can see how the 1h dmg bonus really slacks post 50. Hmmm maybe I should get my herbalist spade back
The damage bonus just starts climbing. Mobs hit harder. The lance is nice since when you have it rooted and are self-clicking back hps, it's still ticking away.

Plus in a perfect situation you can keep the mob rooted, joust and back out of range. Wait for the button to pop and repeat.

There are situations where a 1h is handy since bash is another quick interrupt. Mostly group stuff though. Trying to whittle something down by yourself that has 4000 hps is just gross when you are doing about 20dps (3 min 20 sec fight).
Old 02-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Orc

Soloed in ToFS from 25-53. It’s amazing.
Tahzo - 60 Phantasmist - Blue
Old 02-10-2023, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Rotten skeleton and pained soul.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-11-2023, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Can’t remember if I started at 50 or 52 but based on your criteria I highly recommend dark elf guards in Neriak 3rd gate. There are 2 that path around the building in the middle then 2 more at the ent to the building plus a pather that comes out past the 2 guards and will add.

Benefits are they are all Cleric mobs and will CH at 40%. When they start to heal get a few more hacks in then stun before it lands. Zone line right nearby for the afk that you need to take. You also get one of the factions you need for soulfire. All dark Blue at 54 not sure when they green out but I got bored at 54.

At 54 is enstill and you can have a lot of fun doing mermaids in Kedge. There is a completely safe room to afk when you need to and the mermaids I believe are on the old sea fury loot table. Tons of good vendor trash plus great Zem. Bring enduring breath item and lots of damage shield pots. You will more than pay for the damage shield pots with the vendor drops. Some of them can be a little annoying as casters so pick and choose your spots to stun. If you get a bad crit while splitting it can just be easier to DA and swim out. Never anyone in zone to worry about training.

If you hate Kedge lord hallway in lower guk is good and has a safe spot to afk.

Also definitely lose the MDS in favor of a big 2 hander. Deepwater Bp is a huge help for both camps. After you get bored there go to turnkey in KC. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2023, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

50-55 can do Hole Ent. Just kinda SoL when a named chicken nugget pops.

Bring your kilva's.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Just go to solb and leave at 60
Old 02-16-2023, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

The first rule of p99 is you do not talk about where you level. But seriously just go out and explore and consult the wiki if needed. That’s the only adventure left in this game. Maybe you’ll find some cool spot that nobody goes to.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done most classes to 50 by now, but I am kinda digging paladin. I used a wide range of spots 40-50+ on other classes, but now im trying to compile a list of good spots for a solo paladin 40+.

Paladin has good gear, massive dragonclaw, iksar BP, haste. But I don't have many invis rings, so I'm trying to list spots that follow the criteria of not needing invis, and also being able to afk every few minutes for work.

So far I've come up with:

Cazic Thule sewers:. Best exp but I have to burn invis rings to get there. Decent spot to grab a few mobs then afk.

Dreadlands yeti cave:. No invis needed, great for grabbing a few then AFK, but it's out of the way and heavily camped.

Sol B: not the best exp, but easy enough kills and plenty of time to afk between spawns.

Spectres:. Slow exp, one kill per 7 mins. Also only 1 kill, and short respawn doesn't allow for much afk time

What else have you guys got? I don't have faction for hole key. ( I levelled 5-20 in warrens and am still Scowls in paineel).

My ideal spot is somewhere I can kill 2-5 mobs then AFK for 10 mins, rinse and repeat
I solod my Paladin to 60 in similar gear. From 40-50 I stayed in Safe Hall in Lower Guk. It’s a safe spot to AFK assuming no one trains, which is pretty uncommon in that spot. In the 50’s I really liked The Hole. You can usually get someone to let you in, but if not, I liked dropping into Yael’s pit and soloing there. You can AFK safely in a few spots there, and if you can manage to go in the front, the elementals at the entrance are great 50-54. You can use calm to single pull, and if things go bad, you’re right by the zone line.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:38 AM
Kobold

Stay away from TOFS. You'll lose your corpse.
Old 05-16-2023, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Feerrott Spectres. Undead, 6 minute respawn timers, low HP, decent loot.