Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-02-2023, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Default Paladin friendly solo spots, 40-50+

I've done most classes to 50 by now, but I am kinda digging paladin. I used a wide range of spots 40-50+ on other classes, but now im trying to compile a list of good spots for a solo paladin 40+.

Paladin has good gear, massive dragonclaw, iksar BP, haste. But I don't have many invis rings, so I'm trying to list spots that follow the criteria of not needing invis, and also being able to afk every few minutes for work.

So far I've come up with:

Cazic Thule sewers:. Best exp but I have to burn invis rings to get there. Decent spot to grab a few mobs then afk.

Dreadlands yeti cave:. No invis needed, great for grabbing a few then AFK, but it's out of the way and heavily camped.

Sol B: not the best exp, but easy enough kills and plenty of time to afk between spawns.

Spectres:. Slow exp, one kill per 7 mins. Also only 1 kill, and short respawn doesn't allow for much afk time

What else have you guys got? I don't have faction for hole key. ( I levelled 5-20 in warrens and am still Scowls in paineel).

My ideal spot is somewhere I can kill 2-5 mobs then AFK for 10 mins, rinse and repeat
Old 02-02-2023, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Lguk Dead side. Assassin Supplier camp will have 5 mobs to kill on a 28 min timer.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

My own path wasnt optimal.

To low teens, lowbie zones and north ro. Unrest to 40. Sol A gnomes to 45. Grobb to 54. HK to high 50's (I hit 60 there years ago).

I never had a fungi. Got a reaver around lvl 40. DW helm and SCHW's. Was still really easy. I'd get a good 2h. Massive Shard is going to be a slog in comparison; at least past 50.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Crystal Cavern Geos are nice. They are level 32-37 and sometimes drop good vender loot, up to 200pp for a single sale.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My own path wasnt optimal.

To low teens, lowbie zones and north ro. Unrest to 40. Sol A gnomes to 45. Grobb to 54. HK to high 50's (I hit 60 there years ago).

I never had a fungi. Got a reaver around lvl 40. DW helm and SCHW's. Was still really easy. I'd get a good 2h. Massive Shard is going to be a slog in comparison; at least past 50.
I was gonna try to hold out for Narandis lance at 55... But I can see how the 1h dmg bonus really slacks post 50. Hmmm maybe I should get my herbalist spade back
Old 02-02-2023, 03:08 PM
Banned

hey zelld42 did you know sepulcher skeletons do not flee
when will you be deleting your character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey zelld42 did you know sepulcher skeletons do not flee
when will you be deleting your character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all fairness to zelld52, there is a theory I have that I haven't fully tested. I noticed in Chardok when you are factioned, mobs won't flee if there are other mobs nearby (like behind a wall), even though those mobs aren't agroed. You can see an example of that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c the first mob I am fighting in the video doesn't flee (also doesn't gate due to being close enough to their spawn point). There are mobs like 10 feet away around a corner.

My theory is the flee code checks for nearby mobs, not mobs on your hate list. I say this because mobs will not flee if 2+ mobs are attacking you, so there is obviously some kind of check in place that prevents fleeing when multiple mobs are involved. It is even possible mobs have different radiuses. This means sepulcher skeletons in Howling Stones may just have a large radius when checking if other mobs are nearby. If this is the case, generally speaking they won't flee.

However, if you clear a large enough area around the sepulcher skeleton (so there are no other mobs in the radius), maybe they will run. If I recall correctly, zelld52 specifically mentioned clearing basement, not simply camping a few mobs. I haven't had time to test my theory though, since you would need to kill a lot of mobs hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-02-2023 at 03:35 PM..
Old 02-02-2023, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Dsm, that’s exactly how social root works. Hate list have nothing to do with it, just proximity to other mobs. Won’t say that the skellies flee though, possible but i haven’t encountered it, goo’s golem and ghosts definitely do though.

Op: city of mist is pretty good for those levels, boring recommendation but undeads to nuke and low HP/dps golems. Was easy to solo for my paladin, playing offpeak hours though.
Coldains in GD might be an option, nets you giant/tormax faction too!
Old 02-02-2023, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dsm, that’s exactly how social root works. Hate list have nothing to do with it, just proximity to other mobs. Won’t say that the skellies flee though, possible but i haven’t encountered it, goo’s golem and ghosts definitely do though.

Op: city of mist is pretty good for those levels, boring recommendation but undeads to nuke and low HP/dps golems. Was easy to solo for my paladin, playing offpeak hours though.
Coldains in GD might be an option, nets you giant/tormax faction too!
Don't get me wrong. I currently think they don't flee, even made a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgCDaG3nRWo . I don't remember seeing a sepulcher skeleton flee in Howling Stones, and I have killed quite a few.

But if it is proximity based as you say, then that re-opens the possibility of them running. They may just have a large radius to check for other mobs. Since Howling Stones has a lot of mobs on different levels, there may just not be many places where a sepulcher skeleton is considered alone.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

40-44 Cazic Thule temple

44-48 CoM

48-55 Hole Entrance

55-60 KC

MDS is basically useless for you now. Sell it for a reaver and narandi's lance for 55. Or, use that shaman of yours and farm for a few months to get the full pally twink kit (fungi, deepwater BP, narandi crown, CoF, and weapons).
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-02-2023 at 04:28 PM..