Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-29-2023, 06:40 PM
Banned

Ogres just like Cheesy Dwarf Potatoes is all
Old 01-29-2023, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Posts trolling thread in tank subforum.
Proceeds to base 80% of the content around the shaman class.

5/5 Stars.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posts trolling thread in tank subforum.
Proceeds to base 80% of the content around the shaman class.

5/5 Stars.

One line is 80% of the content?

Did you read the entire post?

Old 01-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

So not Troll bait, its Ogre bait. Got it.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

The only cult here are the people who have unwavering faith Regeneration does more than what you can mathematically calculate. Somehow it "always being active" is a magical charm that gives you more benefits.

You can do the math youself and see Regeneration does nothing for you in most cases once you have Torpor. You don't need to take it from me. Video record a fight and check how much HP you would have gained. You'll still be alive and back at full HP by the time your mob respawns, no different from an Ogre.

It amazes me how offended people get when Regeneration gets mentioned in a negative context. I will never understand what magic people think it offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Bash still stops you from casting even if you're not stunned.
This is incorrect. Bash has a chance to interrupt spells, but it isn't guaranteed when a stun occurs. The stun is the guaranteed interrupt. If you prevent a stun via FSI you only have a chance to be interrupted, not a guarantee.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-29-2023 at 11:51 PM..
Old 01-30-2023, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only cult here are the people who have unwavering faith Regeneration does more than what you can mathematically calculate. Somehow it "always being active" is a magical charm that gives you more benefits.

You can do the math youself and see Regeneration does nothing for you in most cases once you have Torpor. You don't need to take it from me. Video record a fight and check how much HP you would have gained. You'll still be alive and back at full HP by the time your mob respawns, no different from an Ogre.

It amazes me how offended people get when Regeneration gets mentioned in a negative context. I will never understand what magic people think it offers.

This is incorrect. Bash has a chance to interrupt spells, but it isn't guaranteed when a stun occurs. The stun is the guaranteed interrupt. If you prevent a stun via FSI you only have a chance to be interrupted, not a guarantee.
Better to optimize around 100% chance of good traits, than a 3-5% chance of FSI being meaningful other than preventing melee annoyance.

However I will say your comments on erudite sk were pretty on point. I'll give you a lot of credit that some of your stuff is good.

Old 01-30-2023, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better to optimize around 100% chance of good traits, than a 3-5% chance of FSI being meaningful other than preventing melee annoyance.

However I will say your comments on erudite sk were pretty on point. I'll give you a lot of credit that some of your stuff is good.
Genuinely curious, why do you think it is 100% for Regeneration and 3-5% for FSI? I've never gotten a straight answer from somebody who is this fanatical about Regeneration. What math are you doing to arrive at this conclusion?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-30-2023 at 02:39 AM..
Old 01-30-2023, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

This is a tank thread, so I will say Torpor sucks - it ruins dps and aggro.

Hp recovery for iksar warrior at 59 compared to half elf warrior is night and day. I use iksar as example as I’ve levelled both to 59 or more recently.

Versus a LDC Isn’t unusual for half elf to finish fight on a few % hp and guzzling a potion or 2 to survive. Sometimes he even perishes to a damage spike. They take circa 3 mins to reduce their hp to zero (the duration of evasive). That extra 210 hp frequently is enough to save guzzling 10pp or even getting a rez.

Bash basically never stuns in these fights.

Deffo would prefer gaining regen trait to fsi on my red war.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-30-2023, 07:18 AM
Banned

Regen is only crucial on a Necro.

Warriors should never be in a fight without a healer babysitting them.

Monks can bandage and Mend to 100% HP.

Shamans have Torpor.

Regen doesn't really do anything past level 20.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

If you are FD splitting with a SK you might see more use from this. Bash is generally the first skill a npc blows on engage (or one of them, they don’t save skills for the opportune moment). One bash on a knight is meh, 3-4 npcs trying to bash is a fairly high chance of having FD interrupted. Throw in a caster and you have multiple factors to worry about with splitting.

See? Pragmatic point made about FSI actually being beneficial (but not necessary) for a tank in the tank section. Where’s my academy award?