Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-22-2023, 09:21 PM
Orc

Default Erudite SK... Am I forgetting any specific items?

tl;dr- What other Erudite-specific SK gear am I missing out on? (Also, my helmet looks like crap. What goes well with the Guardian armor set? This set looks golden)

I'm a 40 SK, Erudite, Cazic Thule

I was kind of regretting rolling Erudite, but then I found out about and acquired the "Helm of Ridossan" (reclaim energy clickie), and WOW! A low key game changer. (Not sure if it's worth it, but at least I don't feel like a TOTAL moron playing an erudite SK anymore. I'm dripping with mana now, and I already had a ton of mana, that has to mean... something, right?)

I've been looking far and wide for other erudite specific gear and this was all I was able to find. Surely this can't be it. No matter how small, I'd love to know about other items. How do I best tap into the glory of the Erudite SK?

...Oh and a side question. I need a good looking helmet. I'm wearing a full Guardian armor set (minus gloves for Silver Chitin Hand Wraps). It's shining golden armor. But I need a comparable stat helm cause for some reason the helm graphic is completely broken on it and I look like crap. What helm would go good with full golden armor? I don't want to have a grape for a head forever.

Note that this character will never ever see raiding. It's part of a trio of my friends (SK/cleric/rogue). So nothing that I can't get beyond a group.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Not many quality ERU SK only items. You can use the Ashenbone Shield out of kith which is 100hp, but all non-large races can use it.

I think the fashion winner helm is the icepaw skull helm. Looks like black chain.

Have fun!
Old 01-22-2023, 10:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not many quality ERU SK only items. You can use the Ashenbone Shield out of kith which is 100hp, but all non-large races can use it.

I think the fashion winner helm is the icepaw skull helm. Looks like black chain.

Have fun!
Hm. That shield DOES seem cool. Thanks! I'll consider pairing it with my ebon mace. Make up for that stamina loss.

Believe it or not, the Helm of Ridossan ALSO looks like black chain. Black chain doesn't even almost go with the full golden plate. I once had a helmet that was black with gold accents, and that looked great, but its stats were terrible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Just so you know, although it is cool to have reclaim summoned in a wearable slot, saving a bag slot, a SK can use the magician focus clickies to eat their pets too.

Erudites have some fairly nice cultural armor (although cultural is left quite far behind compared to the higher end Velious stuff).

Erudites have a nice resist set IMO. Just as ogres love to attribute every channelled bash to FSI, eruds get to overoptimistically attribute every resisted slow, root, snare, cripple, etc to their improved MR.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-23-2023, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quick tip: Erudite's helm graphic is determined by what gloves they're using.
Old 01-23-2023, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick tip: Erudite's helm graphic is determined by what gloves they're using.
This is misleading because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi it will have no graphic. Males look like shit with it females naked hood looks ok
Old 01-23-2023, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is misleading because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi it will have no graphic. Males look like shit with it females naked hood looks ok
How was that misleading? It's literally the truth.

And he never mentioned getting a Crown of Narandi...
Old 01-23-2023, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was that misleading? It's literally the truth.

And he never mentioned getting a Crown of Narandi...
Because it depends on the helm being equipped. Gloves don't affect every item. And given the crown is pretty much the best item for a knight besides a fungi, it's a pretty big deal IMO.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
( that has to mean... something, right?)
Unfortunately not: All shadow knights have access to Reclaim Energy due to the Temple of Solusek Ro magician focus items being inventory-clickable by all. Erudites are fine shadow knights. Their main drawback, low strength, is readily compensated for with Velious-era gearing.

Erudite helm tint color is modified partially by the gloves slot for some reason. The 3D graphic itself is not altered. As for Crown of Narandi, I don't think this guy needs to worry about that any time soon. Even if he does, a different race might not necessarily be preferred: I refuse to wear one on my own shadow knight--a regular human--because I dislike the no-helm look. So I stick with an otherwise inferior Skyshrine helm instead.

Danth
Old 01-23-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

It’s a bit fuzzy. I know with a standard plate helm the gloves will tint it. Velious custom isnt affected at all nor is cloth (aka no image). I think chain might not be affected either. The black chain of the Icepaw is darker than the Ridossan and looks better.

Fashion is a personal choice. For all its graphical issues I still think erudite knights look great. It’s pretty easy to fit in if you want to. For those who don’t, dont.