Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really helpful.

I think I'm going barb as this is more for fun and exploring.

Any recommendation on progression gear? I plan to make my own banded and help other newbs but wasnt surr aftee that.
Willowisps into Qhill bandits will fund that Banded situation. Around 20 try to get a Testament of Vanear. Try to target specific pieces you're looking for as you level and hunt in those zones. Early WIS items to chase after include-

Iksar Berserker Club in Kurn's
Prayer Cloth of Tunare in Crushbone
Testament of Vanear quest (Highpass is the bottleneck)
Paw of Opolla (Guk/Befallen)
Bloodstained Tunic in Unrest
Bloodstone Eyepatch in Mistmoore
etc etc.

If you construct your hunting list based on loot you hope to nab since you're going self-found, you can get upgrades as you level.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Iksar or Barbarian. Troll and Ogre have terrible starting and adjacent zones. Troll at least looks nice and has regen+snare neck, Ogre looks absolutely stupid. Barbarian has a rough time getting started in Everfrost (and now totally blind), but nearby Qeynos area is one of the best starting areas for a fresh player.. probably second to Iksar's Cabilis area, which is a gold mine and gets you 1-30 quick and with plat in the bank.

So scales>bear hat>purple eye face>>>>>>>>>stupid face butt crack fatty
Old 10-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Willowisps into Qhill bandits will fund that Banded situation. Around 20 try to get a Testament of Vanear. Try to target specific pieces you're looking for as you level and hunt in those zones. Early WIS items to chase after include-

Iksar Berserker Club in Kurn's
Prayer Cloth of Tunare in Crushbone
Testament of Vanear quest (Highpass is the bottleneck)
Paw of Opolla (Guk/Befallen)
Bloodstained Tunic in Unrest
Bloodstone Eyepatch in Mistmoore
etc etc.

If you construct your hunting list based on loot you hope to nab since you're going self-found, you can get upgrades as you level.

Awesome! Just what i was hoping. If anyone else has any equipment goals / lists for self found as you level please let me know.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Mammoth hide cloak very attainable in the upper 20s in a group.
Will need to drag a group there, but perma is also a good xp spot if a little harder than others.

Rare drop but 20s -30s kunark giants can drop forest loops.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mammoth hide cloak very attainable in the upper 20s in a group.
Will need to drag a group there, but perma is also a good xp spot if a little harder than others.

Rare drop but 20s -30s kunark giants can drop forest loops.
Depending on how "self-found" they're looking to be they wouldn't be able to bring a group. You kinda have to outlevel the gear you're farming pretty hard to do it safely solo.

Although as a shaman it's probably easier. When I did this on my warrior I couldn't go back to get gear from permafrost until my early 40's.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you are going to stick to the "self found" idea for the entire life of the character, Troll is the best hands down.

They have better starting stats/faction than Iksar, plus Troll Regen, and you can get snare neck if you want. They also still have access to JBB.

It will be a long time before you get a regeneration item/Torpor, so Troll Regen is going to give you the best bang for your buck.

If you are a hardcore player and are good at finding/making groups, then Ogre would be a great choice too for endgame FSI.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Aviak

Great suggestions. I'm mainly just not taking gifts and not buying gear.. but will gladly group, camp, etc. Also when soloing I'm not allowing outside buffs.

The tribunal necklace quest is halas seems like an early good magic weapon, any other thoughts on obtainable magic weapons?

Thanks again!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great suggestions. I'm mainly just not taking gifts and not buying gear.. but will gladly group, camp, etc. Also when soloing I'm not allowing outside buffs.

The tribunal necklace quest is halas seems like an early good magic weapon, any other thoughts on obtainable magic weapons?

Thanks again!
I wouldn't worry too much about magic weapons. Since you are going the self found route, meleeing isn't going to be very good. You can just root/rot the mobs.

There are some decent weapons you can get self found, like https://wiki.project1999.com/Gatorsmash_Maul , but without a haste item it isn't going to be amazing. You don't get your first haste spell until 29, so you got some time to find a decent weapon if you want to do some meleeing levels 30-40.

Levels 1-10 you can probably melee fine with a basic weapon since the mobs are really weak in that range, but you aren't going to be fighting anything that requires a magic weapon in that level range anyway.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:52 PM
Banned

congrats on your new dps class adventure!
Old 10-06-2022, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true at all. FSI is the most overrated crap unless you're doing extremely tough solo challenges. If OP has no aspirations to be a solo god and would rather have an easier time leveling, its troll or iksar...just pick based on looks (iksar kinda wins out with better starting zone).
Yea I agree if you're picking based on looks and don't really care pick whatever race you want. Troll and Iksar would be ideal. The regen is nice, but FSI is like starting with an item that gives you a unique ability that no item or other race/class combo will ever have.

If you're trying to squeeze every last drop of power out of the shaman class you pick Ogre