Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-15-2023, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Chardok plat for Ench’s is quite good. Battlemaster is an easy camp but really bad plat/hr.
Old 05-07-2023, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Pally is level 38 now and has just been destroying Unrest basement with the Reaver. I like grouping and did a bit in HK but I'm enjoying being a powerful soloer while it lasts. Thinking maybe I'll head to Kaesora next. I've never been to Paineel before so also considering that.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally is level 38 now and has just been destroying Unrest basement with the Reaver. I like grouping and did a bit in HK but I'm enjoying being a powerful soloer while it lasts. Thinking maybe I'll head to Kaesora next. I've never been to Paineel before so also considering that.
It never really ends. Pallies have all the tools to continue to solo to 60 especially with some twink gear. It just slows down in the 50s. I didn’t know reaver worked against unrest but if so then kaesora is a solid spot to go to if it does work.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get some 10 dose Kilva's for level 50 and beyond. Its fun...useful when you're in a tight spot and need a little extra oomph.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Congrats and thanks for the update [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At 45 you actually get quite a bump due to the DW helm or Bp clicks. I’d probably do Oggok, Sol A gnomes, or Freeport to 45 and head to Grobb or Highkeep. HK is faster and easier but I was able to easily solo to 54 at the Grobb entrance. It did slow down quite a bit in the low 50’s.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Its hard to beat SolA if you need cash. I don't remember how twinked you are...but...

If you want a challenge, give Cazic Thule a try. You have to be conscious of mob positioning because there are some heals-through-walls action. Amazing ZEM. I'd start in the throne room area / upstairs from throne room...may be some exp greens but will get you comfortable lull-splitting before you step up to the pyramid area:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

After that greens out you can stay out back just doing laps around the base of the temple til 43/44. There is a safe spot in the hall / tunnel leading towards it for easy AFKs / med.

FWIW I solo'd my pally there 30 ish to 43. I was rather mega twinked though.
Last edited by Toxigen; 05-08-2023 at 11:25 AM..
Old 05-08-2023, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoulbane is trash. People seem to think pallies just wreck undead, really not the case in velious unless you get one of those tov dawncall weps. Based on your other gear you can definitely afford better. Reaver and a good haste are the priorities(it's very easy to find mobs that the reaver can hit). Pallies lack dps so get the absolute best 2h you can afford. From there just stack CHA & get the dw helm/bp.

Fun class, good luck.
reaver is LORE only so it won't hit magic / UD targets. I got it for my pally - ran down to lower guk UD side to only see target is invulnerable msgs and searched and learned that reaver is piece of crap despite the seemingly amazing ratio of 40/40 and resists
Old 05-08-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holaneko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reaver is LORE only so it won't hit magic / UD targets. I got it for my pally - ran down to lower guk UD side to only see target is invulnerable msgs and searched and learned that reaver is piece of crap despite the seemingly amazing ratio of 40/40 and resists
Reaver works in so many places. Lower guk undead is not one of them(it’ll work on the live side of lguk). You can easily level to 60 with it, but a lot of people end up getting the Lance at 55. It works on other undead as well, like in the hole and someone said they were using it in unrest basement. It’s not a reason to pass on the insane ratio it offers as you can easily supplement this with a magic wep when needed.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

It works on some undead too. Like every guard in paineel and 99% things in Velious. Not to mention city guards, much of all Sol B and Chardok which is often your best path to 60.

1/1 ratio weapon with resist stats for raiding for $6k on blue? Oh yea, total crap…
Old 05-12-2023, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Decided to head to Oggok since I actually haven't done that before. I think there are like 8 static guards on the route I'm trying to do and a couple pathers. Not sure I could handle more anyways before repops self-buffed. And definitely not regretting buying the Reaver.
Last edited by spoil; 05-12-2023 at 11:55 AM..