Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-27-2023, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those of us on alt 5, 6, 7, etc with raid gear aren't obligated to carry a full group of shitters that would rather watch netflix and play at 20% capacity...just because you say the class is a group tank.

I got far better xp solo in the highest ZEM dungeons and if I came across a competent player I'd duo it up for a nice change of pace.
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish in this thread unless your goal is widespread secondhand embarrassment.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

You only put points into CHA for the lullz
Old 04-27-2023, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guy the game is like 25 years old if you're still grouping with 5 shitters in KC you're a fuckin idiot
No one said you had to group in KC. Take a few shitters (or your pals) to a harder zone and carry them with the absurdly OP toolkit Pallies have for tanking group content. Legit one of the most fun classes to play in the game in that role. Or you could stare at rats in the Hole by yourself.

Either way, it's still fucking dumb to pump CHA at char creation. Go look at that list of items I posted. Glamour sword, Jester's Crown and Crude Stein alone are +77 CHA, and one of them you don't even have to equip. It's absolutely trivial to get CHA to a level where lull/paci is extremely reliable on XP mobs, and CHA is literally useless at 60 since you won't be soloing anything. Giving up +100HP or +200ish mana at 60 for an extra 20 CHA you don't even need while leveling is dumb. DUMB.

DUMB
Old 04-28-2023, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

This all falls into the Velious trap. The “you will cap every stat” lie. Sure with a few Vulak and Doz slots you will bulk up but true combat stats will only with Avatar. Before the proc agility and dexterity won’t be. Wisdom isn’t effected by that but even at diminishing returns after 205 will give about 6 mana/1pt of Wisdom instead of 11. Even if you overcap Stamina running around with more hps unbuffed isn’t a bad thing. It’s less buffs you need and more slots free (plus it’s one less ask assuming you have a buffer around).

Let’s be real though, most people will never get near this loot. Not.even.close. These people have to pick their downfall and as one of them I rarely worry about my charisma. Top slot root and get good.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Stats don't matter but also your dumb for putting points into stats I don't like.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

thanks for the update
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-21-2023, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

I’ve never had any issues with crawling/pulling solo on my Paladin with just over 100 charisma in Seb/HS. I’ve yet to find any reason to try and bump it up any higher than that.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"My God, I've truly discovered something incredible here!", when it's actually the EQ equivalent of cutting up your steak with a fork.
To be fair to the steak, if you sous vide that slab of meat properly you could "cut" it with your finger
Old 07-21-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
guy the game is like 25 years old if you're still grouping with 5 shitters in KC you're a fuckin idiot
giga tru
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-21-2023, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

tfw you cannot increase your charisma IRL as effortlessly as you can in EQ

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]