Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-22-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agi and dex is supposedly impactful when calculating melee damage.
Agi is a good defense vs ogre + bow + weighted axe aswell.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I actually always put humans above dwarves because I like the fun robe option, but here its just natures defender vs stats and cool roll if male, I think dwarves have a cooler paladin flavor. Their walk cycle isnt my favorite but its not a bad one! Their hats and armor. I kind of like too across the board. Honestly paladin race is pure flavor
Old 06-16-2023, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Do a Barrel roll, fox! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2023, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you want to look like a Half Elf or a Dwarf? Both are fine options.

As for the 5 AGI, there's an AC penalty if you're under 75 AGI. Dwarves start with 70. You can put 5 starting points into AGI, or you can just get 5 AGI from your gear somewhere.

Personally I'd do Half Elf, but the barrel roll is pretty fucking cool, ngl.
The Real challenge/question should be Robequest (Erudites, Humans ,High Elves, "Dark Elf") Vs Barrel Roll: Discuss the aesthetic merits of each!

The best paladin race is Dwarf/"Dark Elf" for the best of both worlds - Prove me wrong! =)
Erudites get a close 2nd, their fashion is highly underrated IMO

Id love to see some screenshots of pimped out Erudite and Dorf pallies that also are "Dark Elves" at times if anybody has them of themselves or friends/guildies etc.

"Dark Elf" dwarf gets guardian robe only though afaik for Robequest
Last edited by Raj; 06-16-2023 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Never forget the Erudites
Old 06-17-2023, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really sucks to play human or erudite now with the darkness. There are almost no infravision or ultravision items that you actually want to wear. I guess erudites have that shield, but whatever. It sucks ass all the way up until you get some Velious endgame item that just happens to have it as a worn effect, and there aren't even that many of those. Prior to that, you pretty much have to wear some really bad item just so you can see. It's horrible when you don't have it built into an item that you would wear anyway regardless. And no, items with the glow effect are not the same and don't do enough.
Agreed. It’s good that the act of being a human erudite and barbarian is really punished now, which is similar to the way it was on live.

But it’s not correct because the way the dynamic lighting works is totally effed up and not classic at all. The level of total unplayability at night time without some vision enhancement item or spell is a lot worse than live. On live darkness was meaningfully dark for all races, and really hindering to human and erudite and barb. The dark elf vision was a meaningful racial trait.

The downsides of dynamic lighting don’t warrant the change. Might as well just make erudites humans and barbs not playable and let everyone else have a game that works right
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 06-17-2023 at 01:38 AM..
Old 06-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Just get a https://wiki.project1999.com/Eyepatch_of_the_Shadows to go with the eyepatch you put on your human. It's got decent enough stats for a melee. Once you get a better mask, you can just swap to the eyepatch when you are running around, and swap it out in combat.
Old 06-17-2023, 05:19 PM
Aviak

Human would have been my first choice as Paladin and i would have gone full cha then any leftover into str, but i already have 2 humans, druid and mage, so i went Half-Elf and have loved it(level 51 so far). I value raw stamina and wis/int much lower when leveling then most do though, i'm not often full health or mana so what's the difference? and i have no intention of ever raiding on a paladin so those stats didn't seem as important.

if i was to raid i think would go Half Elf and maybe go full int then sta, str/sta seem much easier raw stats to max with str/sta/foc + avatar for sure
Old 06-18-2023, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Dwarf is the worst choice for every class they can be. Half Elf isn't much better, but it is better.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-29-2023, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarf is the worst choice for every class they can be. Half Elf isn't much better, but it is better.
Dwarf rogue is arguably BIS with stats and resists. Certainly not worst warrior either.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Dwarves have barrel roll, ale necklace clicky, and the butcherblock hammer. You can't please all of the nerds all of the time.