Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-30-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

There are so many uses for CHA and it is one of the main reasons enchanters are so good at what they do. Clerics get a free Pacify click bracer which is not a cheap spell to cast normally. It comes in handy also when doing a CR and having to get to the corpse. I've seen clerics lead groups to kills with paci cralling. And the more CHA you have, the less swaps you need to do to get closer to max(which isn't easy on a dwarf who neglected cha completely).

CHA is the hardest stat to cap in Velious, period, whereas WIS is probably the easiest.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing outside the box about a cleric enchanter duo. Strongest duo in the game,certain spots monk/shaman are a little better - like fungi king
I’m a bit confused but wouldn’t disagree with that.

I’ve grouped with an enchanter before who wouldn’t let me buff him. Some want the cleric or pally to peel charm breaks. Being willing and able is a great thing.

My only point is if someone is skilled at pulling and just wants you to heal the pet or save them with heals on a break, don’t push to help lull out a room if they turn you down. It’s a nice thing for a cleric to be comfortable with but killing the only rezzer is a quick way to ruin the fun.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Interesting conversation. I usually play my cleric duo/ trio as I’m litterally dying of boredom in group settings. Currently lvl58 and when duo with ench in HS, sebilis or Hole, I’m doing the paci stuff. Rolled human inny but usually carry shrink pots for wall vision and /target. Don’t have a high cha, perhaps 180 buffed but its good enough. As mentioned before, DA if crit fail, let chanter aoe mez. I dont see any problem with this play style. Pacify is mana intensive for the chanter, they usually appreciate the cleric doing it.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting conversation. I usually play my cleric duo/ trio as I’m litterally dying of boredom in group settings. Currently lvl58 and when duo with ench in HS, sebilis or Hole, I’m doing the paci stuff. Rolled human inny but usually carry shrink pots for wall vision and /target. Don’t have a high cha, perhaps 180 buffed but its good enough. As mentioned before, DA if crit fail, let chanter aoe mez. I dont see any problem with this play style. Pacify is mana intensive for the chanter, they usually appreciate the cleric doing it.
If your enc is casting pacify they’re doing it wrong. Calm will do the job for much cheaper. You rarely need pacify duration.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

There are certainly situations pacify is better. It’s easier to lull out a room like Chardok royals with resets needed. A cleric will never be doing that though.

Even my pally which is a much less extreme chess piece to risk I bet 5% of the time an enchanter, monk, or bard will take me up on it. Past the risk of losing the rezzer, most people who play these classes take splitting to a mini-game level (or are too proud to hand over the keys).

To each their own though. We all have different approaches and group relationships.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are certainly situations pacify is better. It’s easier to lull out a room like Chardok royals with resets needed. A cleric will never be doing that though.

Even my pally which is a much less extreme chess piece to risk I bet 5% of the time an enchanter, monk, or bard will take me up on it. Past the risk of losing the rezzer, most people who play these classes take splitting to a mini-game level (or are too proud to hand over the keys).

To each their own though. We all have different approaches and group relationships.
We use a cleric with a paci bracer to paci queen room. With an enchanter there to blanket on a fail it's very safe. Not much point on king,since you can just gate
Old 10-01-2023, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do it exclusively on a cleric. Rezbox for self, enc keeps pet. Can have enough mana for that fight in seconds or donals legs through it.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Not saying you can’t. Just more of a gamble (if the content is dangerous) for the person with less likely to have 255 CHA and the ability to rez.

Meanwhile the cleric can just keep the pet targeted for stun breaks or CH while it destroys the whole zone. If the pet is pacified and the cleric stays back it’s a quick reset.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

they dont think it be like it is but it do
Old 10-02-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma is super-important for cleric if you plan on using the Pacify line at all. Charisma doesn't affect the chance of being successful, but it does affect the chance of aggro on a resist.

The formula for rolls to check for crit resist are (apparently):

So with 50 charisma, at level 30 - You get + 0.105 added to your roll between -0.1 and 0.1. If that number is lower than the mob roll, you get aggro.

With 150 charisma, at level 30 - You get + 0.235 added to your roll between -0.1 and 0.1. Much higher chance of beating the mob roll on a resist.
Do you have the charm formulas as welm
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior