Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Default Undead Jester spawn rate / drop rate of IBC

I've been at the spawn for TWENTY-FOUR hours now, continuous, no two hours here four hours there.

Two Jester spawns, zero IBC.
I've camped this dozens of times on live, this is NOT classic, the spawn rate is FAR FAR too low.
For comparison, I have never had this camp take more than four hours on live, and like I say I've done it dozens of time so I'm not talking out of my arse.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Some camps are different here to live, I spent a long time getting the spectral courier to pop on live... its far more frequent a sight here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Put a bug report in if you can find some solid prof that he isn't showing up enough.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Outside of info shared I the live forums by Devs on a handful of select mobs, spawns here are reproduced based on player anecdote. If your classic experience differs substantially from this then seek out supporting posts etc. from fan sites circa 2000. I am sure you already know this, but on the off chance that you do not, keep in mind that spawns may have changed on live at any point in the past 15 years, so if your experience occurred at any point between it could have been the result of a patch at a point in time beyond which this server will progress. Best of luck !!!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Alla's has a post from Aug 2001 from a guy who camped for 5 days, and his friend camped for 3 days, and neither got it.

Another guy says after 5 spawns, he still has no club.

It certainly seems classic.
Last edited by myriverse; 01-20-2015 at 11:25 AM..
Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaziel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been at the spawn for TWENTY-FOUR hours now, continuous, no two hours here four hours there.

Two Jester spawns, zero IBC.
I've camped this dozens of times on live, this is NOT classic, the spawn rate is FAR FAR too low.
For comparison, I have never had this camp take more than four hours on live, and like I say I've done it dozens of time so I'm not talking out of my arse.
On live in 2000 I did 16-20 there with a group of friend, and given that we weren't very good at the time and died a lot, I'd say we stayed there at least 25 hours. We saw 3 or 4 jesters (don't remember exactly, but not many), and a single IBC - that I remember clearly as this was a 5K item at the time, so a fortune at our level.

So your experience isn't so out of line
Old 01-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds like the poop sock is nearing full capacity... probably best to take a break.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Maybe I've just been outrageously lucky on live then.

And it's eighteen mins between spawns so no socks required mate
Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Fun question... how much does it cost and how fast could you earn lat if just farming lat instead of camping it?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun question... how much does it cost and how fast could you earn lat if just farming lat instead of camping it?
Said everyone camping the AC in OOT, ever... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a gamble.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Orc

Just having bad luck, they drop all the time.