Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-16-2023, 12:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just a quick hello!

My new pc is in the mail, I’m re-educating myself on the old EQ world via this site and and working to convince my better half to rejoin me in-game. I’m still not sure how ‘99 works, but I’m excited to rejoin the fam!
Old 10-16-2023, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It works like Everquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's a lot of helpful people here so when you get started, hopefully you have a good time!
Old 10-16-2023, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's quite fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Welcome back even if just to scratch that nostalgic itch.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

Search Project Quarm. I really appreciate all the work that went into project 1999 and enjoyed my time here, it's just that all the servers are at the end of the progression timeline. PQ just launched on the first of the month, crushbone, unrest, guk, etc. are full of people so it's a great time to jump in.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I looked at Quarm but it did not feel great to play. So far, I haven't had much issues finding groups in certain areas of P99 -- just depends on your availability and such.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quarm has some real issues. At the least it doesn’t have near the longevity.
Advertising it on the p99 forums is sketchy but aside from that for someone who wants that class eq feel outside the progression p99 is still a pretty well oiled machine.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:55 PM
Banned

Welcome to p99 Kosak.

A great place to get an understanding of Norrath is the P99 Wiki, which is managed by Loramin. You can even contribute as your knowledge grows by playing the game again. This subforum is good place for new players. Once you decide on Blue or Green you can find discussion in their respective sub forums. Also Discord link for p99 is on the front page if you need quicker replies.

Other server info is typically supposed to be relegated to Off Topic.

Glad to have more Old school EQers around.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 10-19-2023, 05:25 PM
Orc

Good lord join the quarm server. Populations on both servers have taken a big hit since it launched 10/1. You will have an absolute blast! The server is so alive, it's amazing. I believe it's 9 months per expansion, ending at planes of power. You are just in time for an incredible journey. Be prepared to make tons of friends. No boxing allowed and strictly enforced!
Old 10-19-2023, 08:38 PM
Banned

Come now ghoulington. I know you are trying to help and I understand good intentions, but this is the starter zone for P99 servers. Let's keep this sub forum P99 please.

Nothing wrong with your message if its a PM or something like that, but respectfulness to P99 sub forum etiquette in the starter area is a good thing.

P99 still gets many new players and many like it here best.