Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 09-29-2023, 10:36 PM
Banned

It's more fun to grind tho.

I actually had my biggest 'quit' when I got handed enough stuff to fully twink out a toon. Like somehow I just lost motivation after that.
Old 10-02-2023, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideally u wanna be getting good exp while farming decent cashloot. Lfay sisters are the best, being on 6m timer and dropping bronze wpns every time. Merchant is a minute of running from camp. I have done this lvls 12-16 on every class, and would average out the cash to be around 1500pp which isnt a ton but at that level is seems to be the best
Old 10-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideally u wanna be getting good exp while farming decent cashloot. Lfay sisters are the best, being on 6m timer and dropping bronze wpns every time. Merchant is a minute of running from camp. I have done this lvls 12-16 on every class, and would average out the cash to be around 1500pp which isnt a ton but at that level is seems to be the best
thats a ton of plat to make pre 20, lol
Old 10-04-2023, 06:36 PM
Banned

Erud's Crossing has a lot of Kerran cats that can be single pulled. Area is good from about level 10 to 15. They sometimes drop Amber gems which will sell for a few plat. Not quite the Lfay sisters rate of platinum, but if you start on the Qeynos/Tox side its much closer and a way to get plat early.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Banned

Ppl claim 1500 from like 12 to 16 but it is more like milking it to 12-20 and sisters slows a fair bit at 16 ish.
----
GLS Lightstones will take you to 20 aswell if u like running.

Upper guk is also really nice. Just leave a green up and fight nexto the green frog to avoid runners. The spuders are good money too.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-04-2023 at 11:16 PM..
Old 10-05-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

A surprisingly good cash camp I rediscovered recently with my baby ranger was aviaks in south Karana. If you can vendor at the top with Krak (any sneak class, fd, faction modifying class or with good enough baseline racial faction) it was amazingly good while xping.

I started there I think around 19. I remember having to port once out of there to train my level 20 skills in Surefall.

Egrets can drop as much as 5 plat in raw coin (range less than a plat to up to 5p - average 2ish plat). Bronze weapons drop off the higher birds and birds of any level can drop an assortment of low level gems. Egrets in particular are such a low level mob I wonder if them dropping KC level coin is a bug.

Regardless, I found myself not getting annoyed as I leveled. To keep spawning the rooks/harriers and later the Avocets you have to keep killing off Egrets to open the spawn points. Each one was like a little treasure chest for the difficulty.

Only problem is that you can end up in a situation where all or most spawn points are Avocets … and unless you can kill them at the lower end of the range to xp there, you can end up with nothing you can kill. I moved a high level toon there to wipe out the Avocets until I was high enough to kill them on my own.

I went into the zone with 50p for ports and left with about 2k extra in coin and bags of stacked gems despite donating GENEROUSLY for PoTG whenever I saw a 60 druid in the zone. You can “bank” at Krak by buying his stackable vendor gems (3-4pp and unlimited). You can either sell them back at a minor loss converting gold/silver/copper to plat or just hold onto the gems until the next time you visit a banker. I had to stop converting coin to plat because my plat was getting too heavy.

All in all I think I left there with a haul of about 6-7k - excellent cash for an xp camp in the 20-30 range. It was far better than the paw gnolls even though they can drop FS.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-05-2023, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I actually had my biggest 'quit' when I got handed enough stuff to fully twink out a toon. Like somehow I just lost motivation after that.
I'll pay you 10k plat to quit
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-06-2023, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll pay you 10k plat to quit
Give me 10k on quarm and I swear I will never post on p99 again!

Also. 10k is pocket change. Lol. If EQ was a Starbucks it'd be one of those tiny coffees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Give me 10k on quarm and I swear I will never post on p99 again!

Also. 10k is pocket change. Lol. If EQ was a Starbucks it'd be one of those tiny coffees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay give me 10k plz
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-06-2023, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A surprisingly good cash camp I rediscovered recently with my baby ranger was aviaks in south Karana. If you can vendor at the top with Krak (any sneak class, fd, faction modifying class or with good enough baseline racial faction) it was amazingly good while xping.

I started there I think around 19. I remember having to port once out of there to train my level 20 skills in Surefall.

Egrets can drop as much as 5 plat in raw coin (range less than a plat to up to 5p - average 2ish plat). Bronze weapons drop off the higher birds and birds of any level can drop an assortment of low level gems. Egrets in particular are such a low level mob I wonder if them dropping KC level coin is a bug.

Regardless, I found myself not getting annoyed as I leveled. To keep spawning the rooks/harriers and later the Avocets you have to keep killing off Egrets to open the spawn points. Each one was like a little treasure chest for the difficulty.

Only problem is that you can end up in a situation where all or most spawn points are Avocets … and unless you can kill them at the lower end of the range to xp there, you can end up with nothing you can kill. I moved a high level toon there to wipe out the Avocets until I was high enough to kill them on my own.

I went into the zone with 50p for ports and left with about 2k extra in coin and bags of stacked gems despite donating GENEROUSLY for PoTG whenever I saw a 60 druid in the zone. You can “bank” at Krak by buying his stackable vendor gems (3-4pp and unlimited). You can either sell them back at a minor loss converting gold/silver/copper to plat or just hold onto the gems until the next time you visit a banker. I had to stop converting coin to plat because my plat was getting too heavy.

All in all I think I left there with a haul of about 6-7k - excellent cash for an xp camp in the 20-30 range. It was far better than the paw gnolls even though they can drop FS.
Great rediscovery. Nostalgic reading your description. Aviak village was incredibly popular back on live during the 99-01 timeframe. It has lost some appeal since SK zem is standard and it isn't on the 'exp superhighway' many now take instead of playing everywhere like we did on live.

That said you found one of the hidden gems in EQ for that level range.