Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 02-23-2023, 09:56 PM
Aviak

I do not think Yelinak was rooted on live, not sure any raid encounters were.

People have posted some numbers that are clearly better than P99.

As I stated above in the thread, many of the best bows didnt really exist in this era on live. Primals and War bows were primarily picked up and utilized in SoL era.

And yes if the mechanics were functioning correctly, IE bow delay dictates bonus, then War Bow is BiS. However because of the broken/bugged mechanics of P99, its not.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AOW bow is not BiS. It isnt the best dps, has an aggro proc, and isnt even 200 range
It 100% is, this was the bow to get prior to SoL bows on Live.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Archery wasn’t very good till AAs

Here with the messed damage calc it’s probably more powerful than it was on live except on live the range worked correctly and I never missed. With long range bows and arrows I could shoot from past the clip plane. I fletched all my arrows and bow kited up to level 50 and dps was laughably bad but I was a coward and liked to stay full HP for pvp when it occurred so I did a lot of bow kiting.

So I remember the lack of missed and the functional long range but never noted the damage output because it sucked. Obviously level 60 with disc and better bows is better but no where near a real weapon.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not think Yelinak was rooted on live, not sure any raid encounters were.

People have posted some numbers that are clearly better than P99.

As I stated above in the thread, many of the best bows didnt really exist in this era on live. Primals and War bows were primarily picked up and utilized in SoL era.

And yes if the mechanics were functioning correctly, IE bow delay dictates bonus, then War Bow is BiS. However because of the broken/bugged mechanics of P99, its not.
Yeli was rooted on live, in-era and currently.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...99517912150296 mentions it
Old 02-23-2023, 10:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeli was rooted on live, in-era and currently.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...99517912150296 mentions it
Well if thats true, then my case is open and shut. That means that natural shot was around 500.

Rangers arent hitting for 500 on P99 on rooted target with the current mechanics.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:24 PM
Aviak

I am kind of curious if my original theory, that P99 camage calculation, isnt pulling archery skill. And we just have no way to test it.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers arent hitting for 500 on P99 on rooted target with the current mechanics.
Oh it’s possible. Just not practical.

I’ll bow out. Hope you do get the damage table tweaked for us.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh it’s possible. Just not practical.

I’ll bow out. Hope you do get the damage table tweaked for us.
Its not possible. I have fired probably a million arrows. The only time i have broken 500 was on a double damage crit. There is no way a ranger is hitting 500 on a natty damage crit. It just isnt happening.

To hit 1000 Damage on rooted yeli with trueshot meant the natural shot was around 250 and a crit, that then modified by the trueshot up to 1000.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

I believe I have seen a 900+ Trueshot crit with Windstriker, but not 1000+. Also, that needs the double damage bonus from a non-rooted target, which I don't think we get here, so wouldn't apply to Yelinak.

Archery is good for certain fights. It compares better if most of your force is not BIS geared since an Exquisite Vellium bow is like 93% of BIS ranged damage but a cheap melee pairing is not 93% of BIS melee damage. If there are fight mechanics that disrupt DPS that can be avoided by range, and the fight is short enough that Trueshot covers it, it can be top tier DPS.

https://wiki.project1999.com/File:Ranger_bazzt_zzzt.png for example is a Queen Bee parse where the tank died. Melee DPS got disrupted hard by her stupid hitbox and flying around killing people, Ranger DPS was basically unaffected.

Can also be good on Gorenaire, where its a little worse than Wizards but still about as good as a Druid or Zlexak. Not bad on other non-rooted dragons just dodging fear, but not as noticeable as the slow AOE ones. I would assume probably good on Hoshkar and other VP dragons but have no VP experience.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Archery is mainly good cos u can do it while bandaging.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung