Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Jarsath Scale Armor

Is there a best/peak time to try and pick up a set of this stuff from rotting corpses or is the zone always cleared out?

Just scared of having to run through without invisibility and getting other people killed to loot some silly pixels.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

That really is the issue. Training groups of strangers while trying to get your grubby paws on some free loot would be a real bummer all the way around. I think if it were me with a brand new shaman wanting to take a crack at this, I'd give it a bit of effort and treat it like a class armor quest of sorts that requires some prep.

If I wasn't familiar with Karnor's, I'd take a gnome, dwarf, or wood elf rogue of low level to Firiona Vie from the Butcherblock boat and run it to the dungeon and sneak / hide around to get a feel for the layout. It's one thing to see the rooms on a map - it's quite another to actually poke around inside of a place with it on your screen. This is the sort of thing that could be done at any hour.

Then I'd level my shaman up to 14 I think, nabbing SoW and Bind affinity. I'd save plat on the way up and purchase 2-3 Invis potions and purchase the ingredients for the Invis to Undead potions, and seek out a different shaman to combine them for me after telling them what I'm using them for. The odds are really good they'd charge me nothing just to help out with the adventure.

At that point I'd head in during prime time on the weekend and get free loot, doing my best not to screw up my hopping from spawn to spawn for rots. Perhaps someone who's done it could chime in with what the OP could expect, or just tell me that I'm a bit paranoid about the affair.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah I'm relatively new to the server and my shaman is 20 or 21 now, figured it might break the monotony of root rotting blues in LOIO.

Thought it might be worth the risk to run my baby cleric and paladin over there too to give them a start boost (but only after testing the ropes with the shaman first of course).

My biggest concern is ruining everyone else's time, but Jarsath seems to be the "go to" recommendation to newer players that can't afford to twink.

That's why I wanted to feel out some expectations and such so I could do things properly instead of getting all the way over there, flapping my jaw, and probably leaving frustrated.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

If you are shamaning (yes, this is now officially a verb!) you can wait until level 29 to have invis + some potion of invis undeas to go there safely.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 05-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Usually weekends are best time. Buy some invise vs undead pots and have people at zone in invise you. Your best bet is to call a "camp check" when you get into zone. Know what camps drop what you want and ask the people that respond to the camp check if you can loot and rotting pieces. If they dont have others that need they will usually oblige aslong as you can get to them without training. Learn the zone a few times double invised and always know what monks and clerics are in the zone to drag you and rez you if you die for some reason.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

I got a full set on my lvl 5 shaman and a supple scale armband without training anyone....just gotta be careful, and ask nice folks for an invis
Closed Thread