Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2023, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

lol you know a patch is bad when you get a great Risitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha that was hilarious!

I broke down and joined season 1 after all. Going rogue again but bow this time. I tried the meta Twisting Blades for the first 15 levels but couldn't get into the play style.

Build so far...
Puncture/Rapid Fire/Dash/Concealment/Poison Trap/Poison Imbue

So far its been a lot of fun. Plays similar to my Flurry Rogue except I'm ranged and Poison and not melee shadow. I also swapped shadow step for Concealment for cc break. It's a longer cooldown but much less awkward for a ranged build since I dont have to teleport to melee range. Hopefully I can ride this build until the end.
Same deal with me, except I tried going ranged this time and it's just not working for me so far. So I'm going TB again until I can figure something out. I love the playstyle tho
Last edited by Lune; 07-21-2023 at 12:26 AM..
Old 07-21-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same deal with me, except I tried going ranged this time and it's just not working for me so far. So I'm going TB again until I can figure something out. I love the playstyle tho
Hey I saw your message last night super late...damn PS5 chat is so clunky. Sorry about that.

I hit 43 last night and had to conk out. Let's all get to WT3 this weekend and bang some dungies.

Minion necro is lit AF. Super happy.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I saw your message last night super late...damn PS5 chat is so clunky. Sorry about that.

I hit 43 last night and had to conk out. Let's all get to WT3 this weekend and bang some dungies.

Sounds like a good time! I'll try to get to wt3 asap. Speaking of minion necro, have you seen this yet?

You have to wait until the very end for the best part.
https://youtu.be/JbZXSDuRvOQ

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-21-2023, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Which bow build did you try? I like the concept of TB, but the way it worked felt cumbersome. Having to throw blades into something and then run behind a bunch of mobs and wait for the return. I like to hit combat full boar I guess lol. Which is why Flurry and Rapid Fire feel so good to me. Have you tried Penetrating Shot? That paired with an Eaglehorn bow seems similar to TB kinda? Arrows bouncing off mobs and the walls and going crazy.

Whatever you go with you should lmk. I love seeing different rogue builds. I already switched from poison imbue to Shadow Imbue to get aoe dmg. Ive noticed it's what I miss most from my Flurry build. I'm amazed at how well it's working out. I dash in to pack and drop a poison trap with heart that spawns a decoy that taunts enemies when I do it. So they all rush to stand on the poison trap and I just unload with Rapid Fire and repeat dashing through the pack dropping traps and firing from the other side. It's super fun and addicting to do...didn't think I'd find something I liked as much as flurry. Makes me wonder how many other fun rogue builds there are.

Last edited by Evia; 07-21-2023 at 06:23 PM..
Old 07-21-2023, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Just got my wired connection set up to try to minimize ping; pisses me off that I'm only 15 miles away from the google fiber around Microsoft HQ. Still a dramatic improvement in the ping I was getting with a USB wifi adapter and deep south internet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Damn nice. Looks like I'm the casual scum these days. Just hit 30 though and hopefully will be WT3 by tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which bow build did you try? I like the concept of TB, but the way it worked felt cumbersome. Having to throw blades into something and then run behind a bunch of mobs and wait for the return. I like to hit combat full boar I guess lol. Which is why Flurry and Rapid Fire feel so good to me. Have you tried Penetrating Shot? That paired with an Eaglehorn bow seems similar to TB kinda? Arrows bouncing off mobs and the walls and going crazy.

Whatever you go with you should lmk. I love seeing different rogue builds. I already switched from poison imbue to Shadow Imbue to get aoe dmg. Ive noticed it's what I miss most from my Flurry build. I'm amazed at how well it's working out. I dash in to pack and drop a poison trap with heart that spawns a decoy that taunts enemies when I do it. So they all rush to stand on the poison trap and I just unload with Rapid Fire and repeat dashing through the pack dropping traps and firing from the other side. It's super fun and addicting to do...didn't think I'd find something I liked as much as flurry. Makes me wonder how many other fun rogue builds there are.
I only tried penetrating shot for about the first 10 levels before giving it up so I don't think it was a fleshed out build or a good sampling of what the ranged builds have to offer. I just like TB too much, so I think I'm going to run the same build I was running on Eternal before the patch for leveling. TB is like "Nothing Personnel: The Build", kind of obnoxious with the amount of running and teleporting around you have to do but I enjoy the playstyle. I may switch and try a ranged build in WT3 though. For leveling I'm currently running just a generic TB build that maximizes energy cost reduction to spam TB as much as possible. I'm loving that taunting shadow decoy malignant btw, clumps mobs up nicely to dash through them and skewer with TB
Last edited by Lune; 07-21-2023 at 06:32 PM..
Old 07-23-2023, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Whew just got to wt3. I tried at 41 and got through the whole dungeon but couldn't kill the boss. Went and did all the strongholds and tried again at 47 and finished np. I feel like the survivability is strong with this build...but my dps feels less than on flurry build. It could be the nerf patch tho and not so much the build. Also anyone else constantly waiting on cooldowns? I don't ever recall having this issue on the flurry build. Even with preparation my shits always down.

Old 07-24-2023, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Whew just got to wt3. I tried at 41 and got through the whole dungeon but couldn't kill the boss. Went and did all the strongholds and tried again at 47 and finished np. I feel like the survivability is strong with this build...but my dps feels less than on flurry build. It could be the nerf patch tho and not so much the build. Also anyone else constantly waiting on cooldowns? I don't ever recall having this issue on the flurry build. Even with preparation my shits always down.
Had that same thing happen on my first character, a sorc... just didn't have the dps to kill last boss before running out of pots.

I just did the WT3 dungeon at 48 and came out to a helltide, having not farmed WT3 items or fine tuned my aspects yet. Ended up getting a couple chests lol. Strong build so far it seems and I haven't fucked with getting good malignants yet. Not a very CD-heavy build you basically just right click everything and focus on positioning. I know the times I've tried penetrating shot builds I wait around on cooldowns frequently.
Old 07-24-2023, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Solo'd the WT4 dungeon at level 59. Boss was hard as shit but got it done. (bring a fire resist elixir and a HP incense it'll help a ton with getting 1 shot)

Minion Ramp is fun but I can definitely see it falling off in NMD push later on. It sucks when your minions get slaughtered and you're down to only the Golem.

Going to collect all max/near max aspects in the bank for the inevitable mid season respec.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-24-2023 at 10:41 AM..
Old 07-24-2023, 11:08 AM
Banned

Regarding your Minion Ramp build, while it may be enjoyable now, you are right that it might not scale as well in higher difficulty modes like NMD push. Minion-based builds often face the challenge of minions being vulnerable to enemy attacks, and as the game progresses, enemies tend to become more powerful and can easily wipe out your minions, leaving you with fewer combat options.

Your idea of collecting max/near max aspects in the bank for a mid-season respec is a wise decision. Having a stockpile of resources and gear will give you the flexibility to adapt your build to the changing challenges as the game evolves.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:41 PM
Banned

What build is all the cool kids doing 😎?