Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if it really were i don't think you'd be posting here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not? I'm not some sort of super player, I just make money and I don't look like my personality, they both go a long way when tryin to date 20 somethings. young women always like older guys. my youngest brother is kind of an ace in the hole, he's really helpful.

He's 21 so I can always copy/paste a text and send it to him, asking, BRO WTF IS SHE TALKING ABOUT. Never said I don't strike out, I sure as hell do! Most of you are married, and have been out of the game too long. we all gotta do what makes us happy, otherwise we're no good for anyone else.

am I the only one who frequents various internet forums like ive done since i was 13? thats not possible.

Places like this offer opinions and insights that they would be less likely to voice IRL, I believe the internet to be a mirror of the human soul.

You aren't gonna get truth from the media, so you gotta get it from the barber, the baker, and the candlestick maker. the real people in the world.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the internet to be a mirror of the human soul.
this fact becomes so much more depressing when you embed yourself in chan culture like Jane Goodall studying chimpanzees. coming to the realization that in a hypothetical thought experiment where i get to choose whether we make it off the planet or not, like having to plead our case to a tech 3 civilization on the Kardashev Scale to not obliterate us i can't come up with a good argument and would completely tell them to fuckin do it.

edit: like the way i look at it, in star trek... starfleet is what we wish we were as a species when we're really the borg. and fuck the borg.
Last edited by Ekco; 03-16-2023 at 06:55 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: like the way i look at it, in star trek... starfleet is what we wish we were as a species when we're really the borg. and fuck the borg.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

never understood the appeal of the chans, that user interface is utterly retarded, alot worse than reddit, which sucks super hard.

I lean toward the dark forest theory, so I don't think we're in any danger of having to prove our right to exist to a Q being.

Part of me understands the borg, maybe even admires them. Starfleet is an illusion of prosperity, they are just very good at hiding their dirt, section 31 handles that for them, and Starfleet can remain spotless by denying the existence of section 31.

This is why DS9 is my favorite ST series, because it shows the raw reality faced by those members of starfleet who must get by without it's umbrella. Sisko the best captain by a wide margin. Kirk is a super hero, Picard is a statue, but Sisko is a REAL man who handles things the way real people would. Then poor Janeway is standing there going, "Well shit guys, how do I follow that"

but the borg are just gonna roll up on you, declare their intentions in perfect clarity, and get on with business. The borg will not lie to you, but Starfleet absolutely will.

I'm more inclined to trust the devil that I know.

it goes without saying, that I'd still fight the borg, because spaceship battles.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never understood the appeal of the chans
it was the breaking news aspect of it i got addicted to, hittin f5 on the /pol/ catalog i'd see shit way before it started trending on twitter or mainstream news. shit like covid tic tok videos. like day fucking 1 i was aware of that shit. wouldn't of known without browsing there

edit: only downside was being exposed to way more beheading and other fucked up videos than a person prolly should be exposed to.
Last edited by Ekco; 03-16-2023 at 07:23 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 07:20 PM
Banned

Well, the Jurati-era "Borg with Feelings" may make a mess of that. I hope Star Trek retcons some of that shit out moving forward. They keep making friends out of their former villains, which I guess is... something... of the point.

The best captain in Starfleet is now Liam Shaw, the first broadly responsible captain I have seen on the screen yet.

But yeah, generally I agree. Sisko was always the most relatable of the bunch. I always thought the scene where he just decks Q was great.

Also, since they're apparently dipping back into the Dominion War heap, let's see if they bring back the Jem'Hadar, they were always a hoot.

They need more truly alien aliens. Ones that cannot be reasoned with in any sense of the word.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

DS9 was great because it had to be, it was in competition with Bab5 one of the best sci-fi shows, fuckin ever.

gotta come correct when you're competing with that shit
Old 03-16-2023, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They need more truly alien aliens. Ones that cannot be reasoned with in any sense of the word.
The Breen or Flaxians
Old 03-16-2023, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Breen or Flaxians
Oh yeah. They still might bring them back. Also, maybe the Gorn. They brought them back in SNW but it still has yet to fully develop.

Still, they could at least communicate with each of these types of alien as I recall. I was thinking of something like a more hostile version of the crystalline entity, since I think even Lore figured out how to communicate with those things. Or at least something we would call hostile because it is killing sapient life.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say that Q can't be reasoned with, they always have to just appease him until he goes away

maybe Q doesn't qualify as an alien tho, being that he's trans-dimensional and all
Closed Thread