Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-24-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see, so you don't want any QoL features. And you believe they should only keep the servers and/or server features currently available. So, basically no new servers is what you want. Correct?
If there were unlimited resources I think everyone should want more EQ servers, including ones that go past Velious. If the option is one new server every 3-4 years, then yeah I would rather it be one that starts in classic and ends in Velious like the p99 servers have so far.

You don't sound like someone who plays on p99.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there were unlimited resources I think everyone should want more EQ servers, including ones that go past Velious. If the option is one new server every 3-4 years, then yeah I would rather it be one that starts in classic and ends in Velious like the p99 servers have so far.

You don't sound like someone who plays on p99.
Nope, used to. I stopped when they started ripping out QoL features. It's irritating.

What's the point of the same type of servers over and over again? I think merging green and blue and then creating something new would be the best of both worlds. But Purists can't have that, can they? Just stuck in their own minds, everyone else can piss off.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell, I'd be happy with a shared bank slot and buff timers
Yes! Stuff like that. Why not? It just boggles my mind why we can't have nice things.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, used to. I stopped when they started ripping out QoL features. It's irritating.

What's the point of the same type of servers over and over again? I think merging green and blue and then creating something new would be the best of both worlds. But Purists can't have that, can they? Just stuck in their own minds, everyone else can piss off.
How much I love QoL changes, and 100% support the good ones(guild ui, shared banks, Bazaar toons, pet windows, ui etc). I think your playing on the wrong server. P1999 goal has and always been to be as classic as it can to original EQ. I am no purist at all, and we all know p99 is not 100% accurate (Rooted dragons, Life tap issues). Most purist are bat $hit crazy anyway, and imo should only play on Dial up[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah there are TLPs, Shards of Daylia,Wayferers haven. Tons of servers that have QoL changes. So why hope for that here?

Now Custom content I believe a lot would love to see on red/blue. But the new green 2.0 hopefully will be just like how Green1.0 was. Bc that is what was planned by the owners of p99, and that's what most people are craving. Not saying there couldn't be a yellow Kunark only server, or a classic server that has bunch of QoL/graphic changes(hell I'd love a remake in better graphics), but that all takes time/effort/volunteer work. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Unless some small group of peeps come together and make their own server like SoD or Wayferers.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-24-2023, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

If you're really wanting a fresh start, why not try a hardcore league? We have one starting in a few weeks.

https://discord.gg/8KutMzPkzU
Old 05-24-2023, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much I love QoL changes, and 100% support the good ones(guild ui, shared banks, Bazaar toons, pet windows, ui etc). I think your playing on the wrong server. P1999 goal has and always been to be as classic as it can to original EQ. I am no purist at all, and we all know p99 is not 100% accurate (Rooted dragons, Life tap issues). Most purist are bat $hit crazy anyway, and imo should only play on Dial up[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah there are TLPs, Shards of Daylia,Wayferers haven. Tons of servers that have QoL changes. So why hope for that here?

Now Custom content I believe a lot would love to see on red/blue. But the new green 2.0 hopefully will be just like how Green1.0 was. Bc that is what was planned by the owners of p99, and that's what most people are craving. Not saying there couldn't be a yellow Kunark only server, or a classic server that has bunch of QoL/graphic changes(hell I'd love a remake in better graphics), but that all takes time/effort/volunteer work. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Unless some small group of peeps come together and make their own server like SoD or Wayferers.
If there's no hope, so be it. If this is going to remain a Purist playground I'll just do something else like I have been and stop checking in occasionally. I think it's dumb and silly not to include QoL features that make the game better and less tedious but some people don't like nice things I suppose.

To me, it's insanity. But whatever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Honest question, have you tried the Daybreak TLP servers? I've played on a bunch of them. It's a very different experience from p99, lots of QoL features you are talking about. They add a few new improvements each iteration, and sometimes a fun twist. I've had a lot of fun over there. It's not the same game as p99, and I prefer p99 but that is just my opinion.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If there's no hope, so be it. If this is going to remain a Purist playground I'll just do something else like I have been and stop checking in occasionally. I think it's dumb and silly not to include QoL features that make the game better and less tedious but some people don't like nice things I suppose.

To me, it's insanity. But whatever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wont say stop checking occasionally. You never truly know what might happen. Again Blue/red might get custom content which could bring QoL changes. Hell I'd love for them to piss off all the purist. So there is always a chance. Id just think a brand new server like Green2.0 won't have those. Unless there is a dramatic change to what they have said they planned for. But again I am no dev/owner of server. So Hail and hope for the best[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-26-2023, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets not pretend that P99 is some pure chaste classic experience, server management has made TONS of subjective, opinion based changes to mechanics based on their feelings of what they FEEL is classic spirit (rooted dragons, life tap nerf, etc etc).

If we're going to change things in that manner, then why not do things that are truly in the classic spirit, like fixing bugs to classic items or mechanics that were fixed during Luclin? These would be obvious changes that would have been done in era if the devs had the time to do so.
I'd be fine with some of that stuff. Fixing broken quests, giving the XP bonus to Humans instead of Halflings.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be fine with some of that stuff. Fixing broken quests, giving the XP bonus to Humans instead of Halflings.
But Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, and of course Bilbo did so much good after being powerleveled so quickly by their new guilds! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hobbit hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]