Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-01-2024, 07:32 PM
Aviak

I hired Zuckerberg to watch the kids.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:47 PM
Banned

Bet you they will still play adds that sell gambling that brainrotts kids.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elon had the gall to not ban people unless they break the actual law. He literally bought the entire platform essentially just to make that one change. It should never have come to that, but a bunch of unelected babies decided to play god with how information is disseminated in a free society and he was like um nope to all that. He's also been highly vocal about the unforeseen consequences of cheap AI models, so this is totally consistent. It is, or should be, illegal already to digitally remove somebody's clothes without their consent.
POS Baby-man ELon bought it to STOP free speech against him and to use it for his own racist, misogynist, and anti-Semitic views.

Just like baby man Trump tried to ban TikTok after a teenage girl kept mocking him on it.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

LOL. Elon is sketch for sure. Anyone who wants to put a chip in my brain raises my eyebrows. Yet your take on his reasoning for buying Twitter/X seems more because you don't like him and not due to any logical reasoning or substantial proof.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-10-2024, 06:37 PM
Aviak

There is so much more wrong with so many other powerful people who are not elon musk that I just can't take the hysterical paranoia about him seriously.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is so much more wrong with so many other powerful people who are not elon musk that I just can't take the hysterical paranoia about him seriously.
Elon Musk's alleged drug use reportedly had Tesla board members asking him to go to rehab

and

Unfathomable sum’: Elon Musk loses record $56 billion

Great idol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Botten; 02-10-2024 at 08:27 PM..
Old 02-10-2024, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ
In the culture Musk has created around him, some friends, including directors, feel there is an expectation to consume drugs with him because they think refraining could upset the billionaire, who has made them a lot of money, some of the people said. More so, they don’t want to risk losing the social capital that comes from being close to Musk, which for some feels akin to having proximity to a king.
lol at the above passage. As much of a shithead he is, he's sure sticking it to silicon valley brown-nosers and normies. Sounds like a good first step for weeding out transactional friends and other assorted dingleberries.

"I want some of Elon's power and/or money, but the man repulses me, be less repulsive Elon"
Old 02-11-2024, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

Elon is quite repulsive tbh. 10 kids by 5 women, IV drug use…

He’s hunter Biden with $100 billion

And Teslas are trash, I hated mine
Old 02-11-2024, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Lol Teslas are not trash. They out perform literally all other EV's in every metric relevant to net lower carbon (both in their individual performance and also in their production practices).

It's just impossible to ignore that this guy was the darling of so many orgs pushing laudable causes, but everyone started pretending he's bad as soon as he broke ranks even slightly. It's very clearly a hivemind effect and sort of betrays the fact that it was all about ideological rigidity all along, and not an earnest concern for whatever the ostensible "cause" of the moment is.

Notice the distinct lack of anybody saying "I loath his downright offensive words but you gotta hand it to him on his accomplishments and pushing mankind forward.". Instead it's always a sour grapes thing about how his cars really are secretly very bad and space-X doesn't hire enough whatever so they suck too! Grr!
Old 02-11-2024, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Tesla as a company is actually doing really bad.

They can't meet delivery dates

customer service is a joke

build quality is wildly inconsistent, they charge premium car prices for what is basically a honda accord.

lithium-ion batteries are not suitable for mass EV use

their software kills people then they blame the driver because auto pilot disengages 1 second before any impacts

they perpetuate a lie that EVs are "zero emission", as well as the lie that the energy use is "green" while instead of powering the vehicle with fossil fuels, it is powered by electricity generated by fossil fuels, which is significantly less efficient than just burning gasoline.

fender benders can total the vehicle

the vehicle records every location, movement and sound that you make.

Tesla isn't groundbreaking, they're just the only game in town. In a couple years when the legacy auto makers catch up, they will run Tesla into the ground. Although, the auto industry has a tendency to mirror what Toyota does, who is basically abandoning their EV efforts in favor of hybrids and hydrogen fuel cells.

Even after billions in investment across all sectors, the charging infrastructure for EVs is still sparse and basically non-existent, and it still takes like 2 hours to fully fuel your vehicle.

Most important of all: Our electrical grids can barely handle our consumption of electricity today, that's with fewer than 1% of cars being electric. The infrastructure doesn't exist to support even 5% vehicles on the road being electric.
Last edited by Trexller; 02-11-2024 at 04:07 PM..