Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 04-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

I guess I just prefer to see my xp move instead of grouping with sk's rangers and troll shm all destroying the xp income I'm so over it no more6 man groups for me
Old 04-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I just prefer to see my xp move instead of grouping with sk's rangers and troll shm all destroying the xp income I'm so over it no more6 man groups for me
You should make a necromancer.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Banned

Drugs
Old 04-23-2020, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full groups are so pointless using in the same breath as powerleveling do urselves a favor and just buy a ton of belts and ears and duo monk and monk or monk shm / druid and level twice as fast reflected by math i did in my head on a 100xp mob 6 ppl split to 20 + bonus so 25xp each duo 50xp each for logic and all that am i wrong?
This mentality is everything that's wrong with modern MMO players. I'm guessing this guy is like 17 or 18.

Side note, XP for turn ins was heavily nerfed. Not really worth it.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps, but your argument assumes our goal is merely to level quickly. I think we have formed a solid group who is just excited to adventure together.
Was introduced to EQ by a couple of friends in 99, they had already formed up in Qeynos.

So naturally I make a Wizard in Freeport. It's a long run across the continent at level 2.

So after deleting the wizard somewhere in the Karanas (ROFL) I rolled up a halfling rogue (my D&D favorite) and was lucky to get a druid to run me over to Qeynos to join my friends.

The core group (Cler, Bard, Rog) stayed together till mid-late Velious when the Cleric got married and the Bard changed jobs, but it was HANDS DOWN the best social experience I had in EQ. Met some of the best people, experienced serious (for the time) content (Open Sky raids that would last all weekend, Friday Night Hate Nights with Dredan and Demari.. and that's still Classic!)

I ended up in my servers "uber-guild" until I left more or less for good mid-way through OoW. We pretty much owned ToV and Sleeper.. later Ssra and VT. We made PoP our biznatch.

I miss the core group and that fun far more than the mad raiding and all that fuss.

I'm probably in the minority there though.
Last edited by Tywulf; 04-27-2020 at 04:00 PM..
Old 04-27-2020, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

I've been a part of several static groups, both on P99 and in City of Heroes (where I now spend most of my gaming time). It's definitely tops in terms of the fun I've had in either game.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This mentality is everything that's wrong with modern MMO players. I'm guessing this guy is like 17 or 18.

Side note, XP for turn ins was heavily nerfed. Not really worth it.
If it was nerfed then I couldn't imagine what it was like before it was nerfed. Yesterday I got my rogue from level 6 to 14 in using turn ins.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This has turned out to be a great idea!

We meet on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 5-9 PST, and often on Sunday afternoons. It’s been great fun for everyone! However, we recently lost one of our party who is no longer able to make our group times and we are looking for a replacement.

If you have a DPS class around level 18 that you are willing to commit to our static group, then please PM me. The specific class is not nearly as important as your ability to make our group times consistently and be a good natured person who is fun to play with.
Last edited by Green Drake; 05-19-2020 at 03:24 AM..
Closed Thread