Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-30-2022, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Went hiking in Rocky Mountain National park the last few days. Did Gem Lake today, did mills lake and twin sisters Thursday and Friday
Old 04-30-2022, 07:49 PM
Banned

^
Hell yea nature walk best way to decompress there is

Got a first date with a girl from Bumble app tomorrow at 1:30 (this the last weekend where the other girl I am dating is out of town, if it goes well I will have to juggle both). This is a cute fit Christian dialysis tech

I got ghosted mid conversation by 6 other girls on bumble before I got this date set up. I consider myself pretty good at communication. This just shows how rampant ghosting is within online dating

My catchphrase headline on Bumble is even “Are dating apps making us super picky?” coincidentally enough
Old 04-30-2022, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

Got a first date with a girl from Bumble app tomorrow at 1:30 (this the last weekend where the other girl I am dating is out of town, if it goes well I will have to juggle both). This is a cute fit Christian dialysis tech

I got ghosted mid conversation by 6 other girls on bumble before I got this date set up. I consider myself pretty good at communication. This just shows how rampant ghosting is within online dating

My catchphrase headline on Bumble is even “Are dating apps making us super picky?” coincidentally enough
The ghosting on dating apps is so common i honestly started to think a fair amount of accounts are secretly run by the dating app employees, are clever bots setup by the dating app company, or are real people simply looking to use you for either money or otherwise turn into a new fan/follower of them on Instagram etc.

Another reason could be they start dating someone and actually want to be monogamous, then stop using the app altogethe. Or maybe they get their hooking up itch satisfied so stop using the dating app altogether for awhile; like they used it to order a pizza, chose a different pizza than you, and don't want pizza again for awhile.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ghosting on dating apps is so common i honestly started to think a fair amount of accounts are secretly run by the dating app employees, are clever bots setup by the dating app company, or are real people simply looking to use you for either money or otherwise turn into a new fan/follower of them on Instagram etc.

Another reason could be they start dating someone and actually want to be monogamous, then stop using the app altogethe. Or maybe they get their hooking up itch satisfied so stop using the dating app altogether for awhile; like they used it to order a pizza, chose a different pizza than you, and don't want pizza again for awhile.
https://youtu.be/Bm2YGkCql24
Old 04-30-2022, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

Break a leg, wishing u much success and happy times! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
^

Are there alternatives to online dating that isn’t meeting someone at a bar? Asking bc old
Old 04-30-2022, 08:33 PM
Banned

Yeah Raj, I dunno the reason. I’m not the type to over-analyze what I say, but often it happened before almost anyone could have screwed something up

Some would message some version of hi and then ignore my response, which was usually just like a hi back, maybe asking how their week was. I only ever give one response to anyone. I’m never going to say “are you there?” or something desperate like that if they choose to ignore it

Other times the conversation would get a bit deeper but still pretty shallow like “what kind of work do you do? Or what do you like to do for fun?” either asked by myself or them. And then no answer after that. Now one could think maybe they didn’t like the job (I’m generally vague about my job to strangers anyway), but your job is also right on your profile, so it’s not like that should be a deal breaking surprise. Maybe they don’t like a hobby of mine being running, or kayaking…?

No, what I imagine it is is that they are also communicating with like 4-5 other guys, with more messaging them every day. And with thousands of un-seen profiles in front of them. So they are feeling that if the conversation isn’t absolute magic the entire way through, then bail and try with someone else. Recognizing this trend in others, I try to avoid being too judgemental myself so as to not further it

But again, there might be a money or scam angle too, who knows. My bot-sense wasn’t tingling too much though
Old 04-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there alternatives to online dating that isn’t meeting someone at a bar? Asking bc old
Not really man. No one just walks up to strangers at grocery stores to ask them out nowadays it seems

Aside from dating apps there’s maybe online group meetups that are for singles, but again these are found online through meetup sites

Beyond that I dunno. I do know how to set up a decent dating app profile and kind of understand how to navigate the dating app scene through trial and error at this point though. It’s learnable
Old 05-01-2022, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Kick boxing class maybe? Thats popular with girls.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-01-2022, 08:46 AM
Banned

Last night I didn't wind up in the ER and woke up this morning to quadruple post 5x. And I got some wholesome home made chicken on the bone waiting for me with some little tortias. My cats are like stepfordwives and Jibartik is mad about intergalactic selfies. I was stuck in a weird dream with monks singing that I escaped. And then I dreamed I was in a liminal space. The sun is out. My head is clear. I've got fresh water to slake my morning thirst. I got a ton of exercise yesterday and feel recharged to do it again today. My standing desk is operational. The tempature is great. It's a quiet morning. I am emotionally greatful/neutral. My family is doing ok. I can stand, walk, and stretch. I got little wipy shower pads.