Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2024, 08:51 PM
Skeleton

The real thing thats gonna happen is Daybreak reintroducing true-classic experience of EQ to live TLP's in attempt to compete w/ WoW Classic

What better time than 25th Anniversary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2024, 09:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default plx

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care if green resets or not. I just want a fresh classic server.
*bump*
Old 03-30-2024, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

My mate has been checked!
Beaten with the Bludgeon Of The Logical Mind.

Server merge with Luclin expansion it is then.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:53 AM
Skeleton

What would reset be.. just timelines or characters also or both
Old 04-02-2024, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Don't worry there's no "reset". If they eventually did a new server they would merge Blue and Green so your existing characters would be on that server and if you wanted you could roll one on the brand new server too (starting from day one classic).
Old 04-06-2024, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

I'm conflicted about a fresh server. On one hand, it's always fun to start fresh... but the fact that warriors are basically useless until Kunark is a depressing reality check. After I hit level 50 on Green and got relegated to being a somewhat mediocre melee damage dealer, the magic wore off and I ended up taking an extended break. Raiding was seriously lame at the initial level 50 cap.

If a fresh server happens, I'd love to see some class tuning to make the experience feel more balanced (i.e. knights getting better disciplines to make them more viable as main tanks in Kunark and Velious, warriors getting Provoke to make them less reliant on clickies / high end haste and weapons, a functional aggro dump for rogues, etc).

I get that there are purists who don't want any changes, but the project has been going on for like a decade and a half at this point. I want to see SOMETHING new instead of a carbon copy of the exact same OG timeline.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 04-06-2024 at 06:36 PM..
Old 04-06-2024, 07:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care if green resets or not. I just want a fresh classic server.
*bump*
Old 04-07-2024, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that there are purists who don't want any changes, but the project has been going on for like a decade and a half at this point. I want to see SOMETHING new instead of a carbon copy of the exact same OG timeline.
If you don't like the classic game, then I can highly recommend Project Quarm.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't you be on EQ Live then? I thought this server was called "Project 1999."
Old 04-20-2024, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Fresh seems good but man it's a slog and like others have been saying, it comes with a lot of downside. Poor itemization, massive competition for very few leveling and item camps and raiding is a shitfest with X asshat guild monopolizing everything until Velious.

I'd only really like to be able to get a guised firepot cleric, maybe a paladin. Other than that there's not really much I'd be interested in.

As far as I'm concerned rotating legacy items would be ideal.
Quote:
Pass, then you end up with shitfiestas like WoW Season of Discovery. That said, I wouldn't mind tweaks to non-classic systems like /list.