Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So one single author of a single article in a single publication (the Washington Post) = the views of all Democrats.

That's not making a straw man at all ...
I can easily link more. I also never said "all democrats" lol. The only person making the straw man is you with what you think I said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-s-ncna1240165

And it is not just "one author". The editors had to approve this article, and if the readers complained about the article, it would have been taken down. Assuming a big news network like Washington Post or NBCNews is "one author" is either grossly misinformed or purposely misleading.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say "official party members of the Democratic Party". Saying someone is a Democrat or Republican's is short hand for showing what party they support. Please tell me you are not that ill-informed?
I think it’s a stretch to conclude that democrats have anything to do with Netflix or that they support, as a whole party, their platform hosting some weird pedo show

I voted for Biden and had not heard of this show until you brought it up. Just saying
Old 05-03-2022, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You brought up AOC, you jabbering baboon.
I have only ever seen The American President when I was a teenager in the 90's but can you please stop using Aaron Sorkin insults for people it really makes it tough to tell the difference between this forum and real life tia
Old 05-03-2022, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it’s a stretch to conclude that democrats have anything to do with Netflix or that they support, as a whole party, their platform hosting some weird pedo show

I voted for Biden and had not heard of this show until you brought it up. Just saying
It's not. Netflix is run mostly by Democrat voting people. They had to approve the movie to be on the platform. This isn't Youtube, where any content creator can post.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone smart understands Netflix isn't Youtube. They had to approve the movie before it appeared their platform. Plenty of news outlets that lean left defended the movie when it came out. Pretty good proof of Democrats supporting the movie. I don't see any articles on Fox talking about how brave the movie is.
WTF are these democrats supporting this movie? I know of none. Sounds like you believed a buncha BS there isn't a shred of evidence for and you ate it up without even looking once to see if it was true.

Quote:
It's not. Netflix is run mostly by Democrat voting people. They had to approve the movie to be on the platform. This isn't Youtube, where any content creator can post.
Retard status=Confirmed.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF are these democrats supporting this movie? I know of none. Sounds like you believed a buncha BS there isn't a shred of evidence for and you ate it up without even looking once to see if it was true.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...find-lot-like/

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-s-ncna1240165

https://www.vox.com/culture/21431237...ersy-explained

All left leaning newspaper articles defending the movie. The editors approved these articles, and are proud to keep them up to this day.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Meh, idk man. Giuliani trying to fuck a child in borat is bad too. Idk that it means all republicans are weirdos. I still think it’s a stretch. Good and bad folks on either side
Old 05-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, idk man. Giuliani trying to fuck a child in borat is bad too. Idk that it means all republicans are weirdos. I still think it’s a stretch. Good and bad folks on either side
Agreed! I never said all Democrats, or all Republicans, you can check the post history. That is just a strawman other posters concocted. Ironically they are using that straw man to claim I was using a straw man lol.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t know enough about this topic to argue. I think accusing each other of being pedophiles is weird though. If we were in Afghanistan, sure. In the US it seems like there is a certain group of wealthy and powerful weirdos who engage in this behavior, but they’re probably from both parties and amorphous in terms of characteristics - IE they don’t fit a distinct profile

/shrug
Old 05-03-2022, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Agreed! I never said all Democrats, or all Republicans, you can check the post history. That is just a strawman other posters concocted. Ironically they are using that straw man to claim I was using a straw man lol.
When people accuse you of being mentally handicapped, doubling down is not the smart money move.