Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takshaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot remember where I downloaded this map from so I am unable to give proper credit, but it isnt like I am claiming that I made it or anything.
Humm is it just me or does it say created by Arcke Taggins of povar?....
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Aviak

hmm... whaddya know? I looked at this map about 10-12 times and I never noticed that. Talk about tunnel vision eh?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

LOL its ok just thought that was funny..... Now you can edit your post and give proper props to da man.
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 11-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shouldn't be the case any longer. Pets are NPC's and as such, nerfed by the same fix I put on mobs.
How does this make players more competitive? Can you elaborate, please?

Also, are pets supposed to be weaker than players or is there some kind of dynamic going on? How do mages fit in group/solo play?
Last edited by stormlord; 11-25-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've actually found all 3 main newbie areas to be well populated here (speaking of CB, nek/EC, and QH/BB). I spent a good deal of my time in a group or a duo, so people are definitely willing to do it. I would say that BB was the quickest and/or easiest place to go from 1-8 or so. We'll see how long it takes to get to 12. I feel North Ro calling me, so I might not make it the whole way there.

(Dorn, I owe you one!)
Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, are pets supposed to be weaker than players or is there some kind of dynamic going on? How do mages fit in group/solo play?
Well it does in a way since it will be tougher for most pets to hold aggro which is a major component of tanking. In that respect he is somewhat correct as a pet would not be a preferred tank for a group with Melee in it since the pet cannot keep aggro of a melee dps.

For solo play, or play where you have nothing but casters I would say it comes out even as the pets can actually soak up more damage.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Players, in general, should have more HP and mitigation than pets. AKA if a pet from a 30 mage is tanking as well as a 30 warrior; requiring less heals/attention then it's out of whack.

And now you've piqued my interest if this is actually occuring and casters are just being tight lipped thinking it's intended.

Pets should -never- be a replacement for a player. The mage should be the center point, not the pet. Necro's are a bit different as their pets were considered superior to mage pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now you've piqued my interest if this is actually occuring and casters are just being tight lipped thinking it's intended.
At release I remember magicians not being wanted too much in groups. At 12 here I was soloing Trainer hill with nothing but cloth on. I don't think any other class can do that.

I don't know about later levels but through 17 magicians play like peq or something.

Edit: If you want to run some tests I would be happy to I am free the next 4.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

Thing is that it seems pets will never hold aggro over any PC within combat range of the mob, so outside of caster only groups their pets just won't tank.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Players, in general, should have more HP and mitigation than pets. AKA if a pet from a 30 mage is tanking as well as a 30 warrior; requiring less heals/attention then it's out of whack.

Pets should -never- be a replacement for a player. The mage should be the center point, not the pet. Necro's are a bit different as their pets were considered superior to mage pets.
I'm surprised to hear you say that. I remembered it being the other way around.

If there's a bug with mage pets, at least at low level, it's that the highest level summon is too high. The old ones could be up to yellow relative to the caster at 4 and 8, but here they can be up to red.

Part of the reason I think people like pets in groups is because of the disposability/replacability, and the fact that PC tanks in general don't have much gear yet to differentiate them.
Closed Thread