Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Orc

Question Stat penalties and SK questions.

Questions:
  1. How bad is the <75 AGI penalty on Green?
  2. Do other stats also have penalties? Like Dex < 75?
  3. Is there any bonus number to reach? 100?
  4. Discussion on statline for Ogre SK? Seems discussion of 5 agi/15int or 5 agi/15 stam.
  5. CT or RZ for religion on Ogre SK?

I've seen some mention of the 75 AGI, and it seems like sold old posts don't think it matters much in classic era, but most recent discussion thinks it is. I plan to make it 75 on my SK, but I am curious what that actually is solving. I think it is an AC penalty? Is it big enough to matter on an Ogre SK?

Other stats, my main concern is DEX. The Ogre SK has 70 Dex, so taking it to 75 seems easy enough if there is a penalty.

As for statline, I've seen the 15 INT be referenced for spell casting, and 15 stam for extra hp. Since this is classic and not velious, I've not really found anyone mentioning era when discussion it in my searches. Maybe era doesn't matter?

Lastly, any reason to go RZ over CT for religion on the Ogre SK? Seen some talk about religion quests/items (not sure if on release) and haven't seen any talk about Rallos Zek, most seems to talk about Innu who I cannot choose.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Orc

My searches have given me these answers so far

1) Can't find anything specific
2) No
3) No
4) INT / STA seem split down the middle
5) No talk of either really.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

less than 75 AGI impacts your AC which means you take more melee damage
off the top, I think CHA is similar in terms of vendor price being affected
No bonus only penalties
75 agi, int/sta
deities
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-22-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Old 10-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

The conventional wisdom is if your race is under 75 agi you should absolutely get it to 75 regardless of class. Don't bother with dex. IMO the returns you get on INT vs. STA will heavily favor stamina. That int isn't going to help too much prior to getting expansion gear on an SK, focus on being a beefy tank first and a spellcaster second.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Orc

Thanks for the replies thus far!
Old 10-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Kobold

1. Get it to 75. https://wiki.project1999.com/Statist...lity_.28AGI.29

2. Not really. https://wiki.project1999.com/Statistics

3. No, not from the character creation screen anyway.

4. I would go for Int if I planned on doing much soloing. Here is how much hp you lose at 60 by not taking the stamina option. It's not much. https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...nt_Calculation

5. No idea.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

So I decided to try leaving AGI at 70 on beta. The difference is significant (and painful), but if you really want to min/max you can buy Feet Like Cat for the shamans and they’ll buff you in gratitude.

You’ll regret putting the points into INT. Take a look at the SK sky quest rewards: they’re loaded with STR/DEX/INT and have no STA. Lots of SK gear has INT, STA is a little harder to get. What you really need is hit points if you plan to tank. If you plan to just solo... then I don’t know why you’d be a SK instead of a necro.

For shadowknight there are no deity-specific items or quests, but picking CT makes it easier* to fix Cabilis faction.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

5 agility because as a tank you will want to always be upgrading your gear and not want to have to worry about getting that 5 agility somewhere.

Then the question is do you see yourself soloing often? +5 Int +10stam
Grouping most of the time? + 10 stamina.
If the character isn't a serious long term character but just one for having fun, just putting them all into strength is fine, too. (after the 5 agility of course)

Rallos zek is probably the most favorably looked upon "evil" god by the "good" races, so you'll have a bit easier getting your faction out of KOS in most places.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Orc

So, I don't believe that the stat calculator is correct that Graventhel posted.... as Ogre SK with 144 Sta at lvl 10 I have over 300 hp trending 31 base hp gain per level saying I have 300 hp at lvl 10 plus 31hp per level x 50 more levels will put me at a base of 1850 where as if i go by the statistics chart it is telling me I will have somewhere around 1k hp at lvl 60. Maybe I'm doing the math wrong or just don't understand the chart?

--------

But yes I will go agi to 75 and the rest in sta
Last edited by joradthepally; 10-22-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 10-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Aviak

Just make a litte SK on Green and try how he does with 70 vs 75 agi against all those lvl 1 lizards. My impression is that my chars get hit harder when dropping below 75 due to being encumbered. And I found out that it is easy to get even an ogre encumbered with a little bit of loot and a full suit of large banded. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will give my dwarf cleric those 5 AGI to reach 75.

The low INT is a bit painful because it slows down skill updates noticeably. But at least for my test SK the low mana pool wasn't a real problem. If I end up making a SK alt later I won't spend points on INT.
Closed Thread