Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

No I dont Grave sorry. Is that an old member of this guild? I Just found this browsing some old web URLs on the wayback machine hehe
Old 10-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Aviak

people are going to be 50 by the first week, the problem is back then, wiki ect ect wasn't an option so you really had to figure out how to do stuff, now the game has been out 20 years people have figured out all spawn cycles, for instance i played a mage for 3 years on live and never got a pegasus cloak for epic, people thought it was a random spawn ect ect.. now there's a method to farm it and you can have it within an hour. so big differences like that speed the game up.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people are going to be 50 by the first week
As people like to point out here... that isn't classic.

I got my first full-time job right when kunark hit and it took me the full kunark to get to 55. It took me a couple weeks to get from 55-60 in velious. Velks was too good.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Iksar are going to have a gigantic advantage because they are going to get totally twinkled out and oog buffed and healed on the way up. They’ll join the 50+ grind very soon after.
I tihnk you are comparing blue twinks to what will be kunark launch twinks...

For example, a "twinked" iskar monk day 1 of kunark is what, a set of cured silk armor, maybe a couple of 8/28 maces (ooooh spicy... he'll go back to bare fists at level 30).

Vanilla "twink" gear does not compare to Velious twink gear. For sure some good twink gear coming out in kunark, but it will be less common/expensive at kunark launch.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As people like to point out here... that isn't classic.

I got my first full-time job right when kunark hit and it took me the full kunark to get to 55. It took me a couple weeks to get from 55-60 in velious. Velks was too good.
Fascinating.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I dont Grave sorry. Is that an old member of this guild? I Just found this browsing some old web URLs on the wayback machine hehe
He was an old friend and guild mate. One of my characters was actually referenced in the blog along with many old names I remember. I was kinda hoping you were him.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tihnk you are comparing blue twinks to what will be kunark launch twinks...

For example, a "twinked" iskar monk day 1 of kunark is what, a set of cured silk armor, maybe a couple of 8/28 maces (ooooh spicy... he'll go back to bare fists at level 30).
The gear will be a lot better than just cured silk. Azure sleeves, Gatorscale leggings, Lockjaw Hide vest or Foreman's Tunic, at least a FBSS, even though haste is level capped, ... The better Classic gear easily beats the monk PoF armor on AC. There were a lot of discussions about that. Brad brushed them off - high AC for monks wasn't part of his vision for the class.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was an old friend and guild mate. One of my characters was actually referenced in the blog along with many old names I remember. I was kinda hoping you were him.
I wish I was lol Ive never re-connected with an old live friend but would love to haha
Old 10-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im just so excited for a classic timeline. I want to see how far i can get.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how many folks will swap to lizard? That's a long way to go in 7 months.
No plans to. Don't like playing Shamans, already have a Necro on Blue and an Iksar Monk on Blue, and don't like Iksars for SK.
Closed Thread