Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you start fresh on a new Blue server?
Yes, I would love to experience crowded noob zones again! 339 72.44%
No, I would never want to start again. 129 27.56%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bigger problem with it is when I see lazy people able to throw out a couple dozen plat for bone chip stacks and bear pelts, which makes it very easy for a lower level player to basically twink themselves. This makes it super easy for someone to get good gear and makes some of the more classic gear utterly worthless. People used to pay for dervish rings and minotaur axes.

I am sure most don't mind and hell my lvl 13 bard has drake hide leggings and iksar scaled gloves, but it feels wrong in my gut. I much prefer my earned items like my Dragoon Dirk.
If you prefer earning items the hard way, then earn them the hard way. You don't need to split the server's population and demand a bunch more work from the staff in order to play a new character naked, or refuse to accept plat you think is dirty, or just fucking delete the gear some high-level gives to you because he thinks he's doing you a favor.

Also, go figure lots of classic gear isn't valuable in late Kunark. That would be the case regardless of the speed of the timeline.

Hell. Make a guild that refuses to play except untwinked from level 1, that won't buy/sell gear unless it is from another guildie, that emphasizes acquiring gear directly, etc etc etc. You'd probably get a decent following, really.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't say I was in favor of a new server, I just suggested there be something high levels can do with it to remove it from the economy.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you prefer earning items the hard way, then earn them the hard way. You don't need to split the server's population and demand a bunch more work from the staff in order to play a new character naked, or refuse to accept plat you think is dirty, or just fucking delete the gear some high-level gives to you because he thinks he's doing you a favor.

Also, go figure lots of classic gear isn't valuable in late Kunark. That would be the case regardless of the speed of the timeline.

Hell. Make a guild that refuses to play except untwinked from level 1, that won't buy/sell gear unless it is from another guildie, that emphasizes acquiring gear directly, etc etc etc. You'd probably get a decent following, really.
Way too EMOTIONALLY invested in this game, seek help.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say I was in favor of a new server, I just suggested there be something high levels can do with it to remove it from the economy.
And all I did was ask why there is even a need to remove pp from the economy + point out that "because low levels can have an easier go of p99 if they want to" isn't a very good reason to do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

In general, an economy can not survive without loss. In the real world natural disasters will destroy entire cities, investments flop, accidents happen. Inflation is already huge in P99, something will have to be done eventually or it wiol collapse.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

P99 economy is fine. I just grow weary of resting on laurels all the time. I miss the leveling game :P
Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Banned

confirmed 43 people who said no are RMT.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Banned

The guy with over a million of plat against new server. IMAGINE THAT!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Kobold

The red server is a waste of resources with avg 75 players. It could easily be made a blue server.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy with over a million of plat against new server. IMAGINE THAT!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Closed Thread