Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Met a guy while on my enchanter the other day who said it took them 3.5 years to finish theirs...more casually of course.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

I conceded that my enchanter would never get his epic, and my first DKP purchase w/ Aftermath was a Z-Heart for him. I was content with that. For recharms, I would just quickly swap in my rod, wait for it to land, then swap out. EZpZ

However, sometime last summer, the server went down at like 4am, came back up to a full repop. Our guild was suspended.. and the cavalry arrived quick af. I got all three poopsock pieces in something like 15-20 minutes. (Love u forever brana/fife/orgot)

That being said, Z-Heart is BiS.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biggest problem is 9 year old server(6 or 7 of kunark) has backlogs of enchanters wanting epics. This time period on live was like 1.5 years
This.

On live there was a fairly decent tempo of new expansions/content. The game is also old and everything is known (to include tricks most didn’t know about). Stagnation/Age hurts this issue for a bunch of reasons:

-Population: a majority of the population did not have a single level 60 toon when Velious went live. Even during luclin, most of a guild’s raid force was not level 60 unless you were in the top two guilds per server. I distinctly remember raiding velious (during luclin) and lesser luclin targets where our guild had a handful of 60s with the majority of people fielding toons from 46-56. These were dedicated mains, mind you. Classic timeline content was released frequently enough that you didn’t find the dynamic we have on p99 where we have an extreme glut of level 60s - many of which who have multiple 60s. People had alts, sure, but few had multiple high level toons (much less multiple 60s)

-Content: the elites raided kunark during kunark, moved to velious during velious, luclin during luclin (etc) and rarely looked back. As expansions marched on the more casuals had older content more to themselves. The big boys had more lucrative content to spend time on. P99 stops at velious. The content that makes epics etc more obsolete won’t exist here, thus they’re still worth chasing down. The elites who get their BiS now gear out alts ... because honestly what else is there to do? On live you never had BiS velious toons camping/farming/socking fear, hate, trak, etc. Even for elite guilds only a few members had BiS gear all over before the next expansion hit.

Economy: this really doesn’t need an explanation. MQ sales and classic/kunark gear still hold good value on a server that’s not going further. Those umpteen alts people have need twinking dontchaknow.

Information: guides are everywhere. Nothing is secret. The majority of players on live weren’t “in the know”. Even those “in the know” didn’t know a fraction of what a quick p99 wiki search will yield.

Play style: on p99 we like to train NToV to the zone line. Crawling took time and clearing to dragons would occupy a lot of time. Raiding for the top guilds on this server takes a lot less time other than staring at walls and watching track. Furthermore, we like to dump clickies on incoming to secure Aggro. Members carry complete heal clickies. This and more trivialize the encounters and make the practice of raiding less risky and time consuming, freeing up the folks to wander around looking for other things to do. Oh and those clickies? They cost money to recharge for the guild, so the guild needs a steady flow of cash - financed through farming old content to include Epic MQs.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Fire Giant

The epic is trivial to complete if you want to, even at this point on a forever velious box. Infact its even easier to complete now with simulated repops and soon to be fix of the windows. Age of the server is irrelevant and top end guilds certainly arnt going out of their way to sell kindle/sissar loot right to fund clickie recharges.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one likes speed of shissar anyway
this what I was gonna say. kinda sad that you put in all that work and nobody really want you clicks. i always feel gimpy on the odd occasion that I ask for VoG an i get a shitty click instead :c
Old 07-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this what I was gonna say. kinda sad that you put in all that work and nobody really want you clicks. i always feel gimpy on the odd occasion that I ask for VoG an i get a shitty click instead :c
The stats alone are juicy enough to warrant the effort.

Easier said than done, though....I'm pretty confident I'll never do it myself (filthy casual here).

I'm having more than enough difficulty with the VP key quest. I'll be happy if someday I'm lucky enough to win a Shissar Focus Staff.
Last edited by kjs86z; 07-26-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Old 07-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Even in the 2001 posts Enchanters were pissed about the effect for all the effort it took since even mobs like Kindle and The Tangrin were a 2-3 group affair. Diku's guide says it was instant-cast in 2001 which would make up for the subpar effect, but the evidence supporting that is limited.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who is not wearing a 40-41% haste item should always be asking for SoS over VoG.

Also, if you have ever been the only enchanter recovering after a partial or complete wipe, you know the value of SoS.

Plus BiS stats (the only thing even arguable is the Fesh stick, IMO, and that takes incredible gear in other places to be able to justify).
^ This. gets your deeps up and running for free/sooner; I'm not sure why so many don't see this benefit of SoS... it's akin to click-stick battle rezzes.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try being a magician or a warrior whose guild has bigger frish to fry than severilous/hoshkar....impossible to get epics in those circumstances...the hardest parts of the enchanter epic can be soloed
AM kills Hoshkar like every single week lol
Old 07-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Banned

You should see the number of complaints that these respawn bottlenecks have on TLP servers, where every other class except for Enchanter and SK has had revisions to the bottlenecks conducted to make it possible for more epics/week.

SK epic is even worse, with Marl despawning for several days on each turn in, and you need to turn in to him TWICE throughout the epic. Its created a whole slew of macroquesters with auto clicking turn in scripts, and he's generally despawned from a turn in before the game even renders him while the epic is in era (kunark-Luclin).
Closed Thread