Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2023, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This scotus is kicking ass and taking names.

Oh no! I can't just automatically kill my baby if I don't want them!

Oh no! I can't be super racist anymore when choosing college applicants!

Oh no! I can't pass my student loan debt burden to working class taxpayers!

Every half-baked megalib idea is actually being called to the mat and shown to be totally incoherent nonsense and I'm really enjoying it.
Oh no! I’m sorry it’s “the moops”
Old 06-30-2023, 05:21 PM
Banned

https://youtu.be/bZa-P6LRBnU

Btw very hot track here featuring art vandelay samples
Old 06-30-2023, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is horse shit. It's not fair that I took out multiple student loans to finish college. Now that I'm only making 90k a year, when I thought id made 200k, I can't pay the loans back. Is that my fault? No. It's the systems fault! I shouldn't have to be responsible for the loans I took out. What an injustice that is being done here!
This is horse shit. It's not fair that I opened a burger joint and we had a pandemic. Now that I'm getting zero customers when I thought I'd be getting twenty, I can't pay my employees. Is that my fault? No. It's the systems fault! I shouldn't have to be responsible for the PPP loans I took out to buy a new Lexus. What an injustice that is being done here!

Oh wait, they got forgiven
Old 06-30-2023, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Indeed, those business owners were harmed by the government's response to the China virus.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed, those business owners were harmed by the government's response to the China virus.
They were harmed by most non-Herman-Cain Americans wisely choosing to try not to get COVID until good treatments came out. Business still blew ass even after the "Lockdown" ended because of aggregate free market forces, ie, the decisions of individuals.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were harmed by most non-Herman-Cain Americans wisely choosing to try not to get COVID until good treatments came out. Business still blew ass even after the "Lockdown" ended because of aggregate free market forces, ie, the decisions of individuals.
The entire covid storyline unfolded within the last *three years*. Drawing any conclusion at all about policy impositions is pure monday morning quarterbacking when we're still not even half a decade out; it takes a long time to analyze that much data.

Also none of that has anything to do with the ethics of making people who never took out foolish loans pay for those who did.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is horse shit. It's not fair that I opened a burger joint and we had a pandemic. Now that I'm getting zero customers when I thought I'd be getting twenty, I can't pay my employees. Is that my fault? No. It's the systems fault! I shouldn't have to be responsible for the PPP loans I took out to buy a new Lexus. What an injustice that is being done here!

Oh wait, they got forgiven
Congress should legislate student loan forgiveness then.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Star trek argument resolution always follows the Shields, Sensors, Words paradigm.

Shields beat Sensors, Sensors beats Words, and Words beats Shields. This is *not* how reality works, but it is how Star Trek works.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Every damn episode is just simply a game of shields, sensors, words. That's the plot line architecture of all 3 Matrix movies too.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Star trek argument resolution always follows the Shields, Sensors, Words paradigm.

Shields beat Sensors, Sensors beats Words, and Words beats Shields. This is *not* how reality works, but it is how Star Trek works.

Every damn episode is just simply a game of shields, sensors, words. That's the plot line architecture of all 3 Matrix movies too.
The counter has to be that a 2003 Republican majority intended for and approved student loan forgiveness at the stroke of executive pen.

That dog won't hunt and didn't.
Old 06-30-2023, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector