Old 04-30-2023, 10:02 AM
Banned

drugs - addiction - and -

TRIGGER WARNING

suicide, even the slooowwww burn kind you get from the afformentioned drugs
Old 04-30-2023, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Ok, I need to put down my marker.

• Let's assume that the earlier the mistake, the the larger the consequence potential. EG: starting smoking at 12 vs 87. Etc.
  • Consider this the radius of destruction equation.
  • In layman's terms: Mistakes can potentially become PELE's, given time.
  • "PELE" = personal extinction level event.
  • Referring to my message above, remove drug abuse. and pulling off a PELE is extremely hard if you live in the modern world and are not insane.
Ok. So I am going to tell you what I think would be clutch. Magnetaress already mentioned "house debt" as a classic, and that is a hard one to beat. ("Just a gully!")

Today, given today's technological environment and possibilities, and also given that things are expensive, and time itself is money...

----------------------

Paying for college. That is no longer necessary. It's a cheat and has been for the past 10-15 years imho. It's a pricey beer blast with books and degree. Whose value proposition is about to fall off the fucking cliff.

Even free college is dubious, because that's 4 years of geographic commitment that can be excellent (Stonybrook!!!) or eat your soul (Any status school). Four years, in one place?

The digital student a) pays very little for their info and elite strats b) forms his or her own campus. with whoever and wherever they want.

If any of you people have kids, not yet college age, you fucking owe me.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Gutenberg 1.0. Why pay for the monks, when you can just buy the book?
Gutenberg 2.0 Why pay for anything tangible, when you can just access the digital content at will?

This is even more clear:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2023, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

People are intimidated by education.

That is mistake number one. Ever sing or speak in public? Know how you just have to throw yourself out there, learn from and especially *not be afraid of* not making mistakes?

It's just a task, like that, with pretty heavy time commitments I'll grant you. But it's just a task you start and then get better at.

Anyone can get educated. They just need help. And, I honestly think you do not need to pay for it anymore, or at least pay what college costs. Freelance doctorates already take an afternoon and write people's term papers for a few hundred bucks. Pretty soon the freelance sector will cut out the middleman here, and we can just you know, educate. It's not hard to understand a lot of stuff in your typical BA.

But a lecture with anything over 10 students is ripping you off. Think about that tuition, and realize most faculty make under 50k a year. That is the person who has the knowledge. That is the *only* essential ingredient here now.

See? See the con yet? I sure as hell do. Burn the mutherfucking place down. I'll do it live. On Twitch.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:59 AM
Banned

It's ok to be a stupid person. Stupidity fulfills its niche in the dark universe.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ok to be a stupid person. Stupidity fulfills its niche in the dark universe.

I lived in a small town for a summer where people went to the train tracks every afternoon to watch the engines go by. I think they in total had 6 teeth.

That, is ultra-chill. Not stupidity. It's kind of like that "full retard" exposition.

Ah, here is maybe something cool. Ever heard the old american mennonite tune, "It's a joy to be simple"?

Being simple, plain, quiet, still, is not stupid. I've seen stupid. Just read a story about stupid:
From free to possible death by injection in > 24 hours?

That's like Top Gun Maverick territory.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lived in a small town for a summer where people went to the train tracks every afternoon to watch the engines go by. I think they in total had 6 teeth.

That, is ultra-chill. Not stupidity. It's kind of like that "full retard" exposition.

Ah, here is maybe something cool. Ever heard the old american mennonite tune, "It's a joy to be simple"?

Being simple, plain, quiet, still, is not stupid. I've seen stupid. Just read a story about stupid:
From free to possible death by injection in > 24 hours?

That's like Top Gun Maverick territory.
To be fair he was defending American sovereignty and property. And probably a few grandmas too. That scammer guy probably wasn't going to get rehabilitated or join the Grand Social Army of Moral Righteousness and sane grocery prices either. I can't judge so I can't officially say good riddance no great loss. Either the shootee or the shooter. Ppl get violent around here if you don't tip them for their trouble scamming you.

The news media won't tell you the whole facts here. The police where scared this guy was tooo cool headed. They had to follow protocol. Their own laws and mandates.

Simple is good.

We live in wacky times. Be nice you never know when some rando is going to decide his life sucks and is gonna trade it for a lil payback. Guy was spiritually dopin out on evil begats evil.

G d bless!
Old 04-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

You remember how in Fallout if you failed a pickpocket everyone in town would pull out a pistol and shoot you dead on the spot? It's a working system and Texas is on the way there. There's going to be a few bumps in the road like this story, but they'll make it work.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

So I would suggest getting yourself as armed as possible for grocery store visits. I'm talking boot knife, boot gun for the other boot. A rifle on a sling and at least 2 revolvers on your hip if you're into minimalism.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

I study the classical harp as one of my many hobbies and practice daily. I'm gtg. You'll have two eyeballs on the floor before you are finished with the word "wallet."