Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-29-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default I want to fastrack being an idiot in RL. Tips?

This was inspired by the magnetic one.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=35

This topic needs fresh eyes. Over the years, many threads have addressed this popular lifestyle, but it's 2023.

Time for a revisit.

So let's say you are just a normal person, got a job. You can add a marriage, family, an aging Great Aunt who is the oldest known surviving Civil War widow. Dealer's choice.

And you have a need for speed.

So, other than riding a crotch rocket while high on Scientology without a helmet, ideas? Tips? Plans?

Those of you who have already gotten to our shared goal, how did you do it? What was your "ace in the hole" when it came to being a true premier league idiot?

The magnetic one named one of the classic: big fucking house for no goddam reason except you stupid.

Ever here of the 50% rule in budgeting? I say let's do 90%.

You'll be munchin on Gravy Train, enjoyin the view over the Pacific Ocean in no time.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Someone tried to tell me the 50% rule made sense. Which it does not. Then I asked, but it does not work, if I do 50% for housing, I'm gonna be fucking miserable!

Idiot sends me an article from a home builder's association. Yup, "Plan on 50 percent of your net income for essential expenses such as rent and utilities."

See Asterisk."All essential expenses include health insurance, prescriptions, housing, utilities, groceries, transportation, and clothing."

Swear to god people are wizards at self fuckery.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

go to a public area with a deck of cards and try to get people to play Trump with you
Old 04-29-2023, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Filed under move this to off topic
Old 04-29-2023, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

I'm going to make a MUD using AI for a prosthetic brain
Old 04-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Off topic you can edit. RnF is permanent ink. I like permanent ink. So deal with your purity issues.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to make a MUD using AI for a prosthetic brain

That will be the end of forum foolery, I fear. It's coming. Probably already here on p99 forums.

See, I'll read someone ranting about losing a mob, hating the fact that science tends to prove out nitwits, or, sexual issues. It passes the time.

But once it becomes "clever" to mess around AI's on message boards, why would anyone stay? I already have enough mechanical things in my life.

I need pizzazz.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2023, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Do I seem like the kinda guy who can remember to put his keys back in the freezer? I'm just tryna find a MUD puddle to wallow in once this shit hole goes down I probably won't even want internet back again. I just want the EQ I never had as a kid, the EQ I wish I had now, and the red 2.0 we wished we wanted
Old 04-30-2023, 01:12 AM
Banned

You have a need for speed and want to be acting like an idiot? Both at the same time?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2164699E-7532-4BE9-A821-E4430B3F938C.jpg (22.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-30-2023, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a need for speed and want to be acting like an idiot? Both at the same time?

Drug folks are in their own existential sluice pipe. That's literally a no brainer.

But how does someone normal, like me, fuck up?

In the US, it's pretty damn hard. Bad times come, you can always time when the donut shops throw out their old donuts. You can fat as fuck living off 8 hour old crullers.

I think this is the only explanation for American drug addiction. You live in Romania? Look at someone wrong, you are a dead man.

In the US, it's damn hard to get killed unless if you know where to go. To get physically and financially ruined? Pffft.

Good luck with that bucko. I hitched across the country and gained weight and a tan.

When faced with the cruelty of a society in which tolerable work and government assistance federal and local is available to help you get on your feet, I can see why so many turn to drugs as the only solution.