Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With my pet alone I am dealing 20% more DPS over a Paladin with equivalent gear. That isn't a trivial amount, and OPs question is regarding DPS.
Op didn't say in raids or groups, sorry you don't got raid. Imagine other people disagreeing with you other then me
Old 06-09-2023, 05:40 PM
Kobold

Let’s go Lobtik!!
Old 06-09-2023, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op didn't say in raids or groups, sorry you don't got raid. Imagine other people disagreeing with you other then me
I am not sure why you keep bringing up raids. You are bringing Knights to tank, not to DPS. You care about AC/HP/Resists. No raid is going to ask to see your Tunare Sword or Vulak Axe when tanking.

Knight DPS is relevant in solo/group content, where you can use pets and spells.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With my pet alone I am dealing 20% more DPS over a Paladin with equivalent gear. That isn't a trivial amount, and OPs question is regarding DPS.
Given a max 58 pet can put up like 30 dps, it’s close to a 50% boost which is pretty insane. Unfortunately most people don’t realize this, because sk pets do suck up until lvl 52. Not to mention, it’s an extra 1400 hp extension of yourself with double fungi regen. I used mine to eat HTs in HS.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given a max 58 pet can put up like 30 dps, it’s close to a 50% boost which is pretty insane. Unfortunately most people don’t realize this, because sk pets do suck up until lvl 52. Not to mention, it’s an extra 1400 hp extension of yourself with double fungi regen. I used mine to eat HTs in HS.
I am using the 58 pet, but it was only doing about 12 DPS with the few mobs I parsed. This was with strengthen death. Granted, I only parsed a few mobs, so it isn't a huge data set.

Are you using a pet weapon?

I do love using the pet for eating HTs, saves a lot of HP in zones like HS, and you don't need to waste an eye.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am using the 58 pet, but it was only doing about 12 DPS with the few mobs I parsed. This was with just strengthen death as a buff.

Are you using a pet weapon?

I do love using the pet for eating HTs, saves a lot of HP in zones like HS, and you don't need to waste an eye.
I think snagges has the parse. Deadwood staves are a nice throwaway for these. Your pet was 2nd worst as well. Those 4 levels would make a big difference.

Either way, pally/sk raid dps who cares. Sk win in groups/solo, which is all that is truly relevant to a knight because if you’re depending on knight raid dps you’ve already lost.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think snagges has the parse. Deadwood staves are a nice throwaway for these. Your pet was 2nd worst as well. Those 4 levels would make a big difference.
Yeah I would be happy to be wrong about the pet DPS. More is better! But I think the point still stands. A 20% boost is a non-trivial increase to DPS. 50% is even more non-trivial. Both DPS differences are enough to throw out the claim that Paladin and Shadowknight DPS are the same in most situations outside of raiding.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have a question I was hoping to have answered. I don't mean to defile OP's post with a change of topic, but the information and discussion in this thread seem quite good.
I am returning to p99 after quite the break (never raided). The only two classes I am considering are SK or Pally - I am almost exclusively a solo player - I may get into casual raiding to finish epics etc but nothing super hardcore.
Not targeting specific solo artist kills but what class do you think solo crawls dungeons better (including some lesser names), think Seb, HS, Chardok etc.
Old 06-09-2023, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have a question I was hoping to have answered. I don't mean to defile OP's post with a change of topic, but the information and discussion in this thread seem quite good.
I am returning to p99 after quite the break (never raided). The only two classes I am considering are SK or Pally - I am almost exclusively a solo player - I may get into casual raiding to finish epics etc but nothing super hardcore.
Not targeting specific solo artist kills but what class do you think solo crawls dungeons better (including some lesser names), think Seb, HS, Chardok etc.
Really depends. If you can get creative with fear kiting then sk. But overall I’d say Prob pally. Sk might pull ahead at 60 with gear but pally gonna be more powerful throughout. Go with a high cha race and put starting points into cha. Or if you go dorf still go cha and supplement with additional cha items for lulls. If you are the type that frequently needs to afk though then sk would be better for that with fd
Old 06-10-2023, 05:22 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Yep, no trivial amount but that's almost only valid out of raid, and in single group, when your healing is limited the extra healing might worth it, when not, SK clearly are better for pug...