Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

They should have left it split in the first place. Teal was the best server they ever ran.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone who thinks green 2.0 will get the same type of pop as green 1.0 did on launch day is deluding themselves lol. Half the pop was people who had either never played and tried it once and then left or people who got a quick nostalgia fix after not having played eq in like 20 years and then quickly left after realizing why they left in the first place years ago lol.

Green 2.0 will basically just be current p99 players shifting over to the new server
Old 11-24-2022, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-2 newbie zones.
You said WHAT? There's 13 newbie zones at minimum during launch:

Tox Forest, Qeynos Catacombs, North Qeynos, Everfrost, Misty Thicket, Feerott, Innothule Swamp, Nek Forest, West Freeport, East Freeport, Butcherblock, Gfay, Steamfont.

There are other zones with less things to hunt right at level 1, but still something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe 20-30 level 1-20 zones.

There aren't 15 camps in CB, WK, Gorge, Qey Hills, Unrest, Befallen
There absolutely are 15 camps in those zones. Just depends exactly how many people you want each "camp" to support.

At launch here are the number of zones that have something to exp on for each level range:

1: 25
5: 32
10: 51
15: 46
20: 44
25: 47
30: 50

Before level 10 it's a clusterfuck for sure, but that could be alleviated by globally reducing the respawn all low level NPC's for a couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything over 500 pre kunark is getting bulky. I want to xp in zones that I like. Forcing people to level in outdoor zones is not a good reason.
What is this "forcing" garbage. Outdoor zones have no stigma. Most people love them? There's more room to move compared to dungeons and generally better views. In classic people explored around almost everywhere for things to hunt. Both outdoor zones and cities were full of people killing whatever appropriate level NPC's they could find.

You should try something new. It's not like there's a big difference anyway, it's mostly all the same. Same boring, outdated game. Go somewhere you've been less and experience the environment.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

OP insinuated ppl would be pushed out of popular dungeons due to high population. I don't like that because I want to experience those zones in a more classical setting. I've never experienced pre kunark lvling. I missed Green for the most part. Not everyone is grinding the same game decade after decade. Maybe you all talking about trying a new path should take a break
Old 11-25-2022, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP insinuated ppl would be pushed out of popular dungeons due to high population. I don't like that because I want to experience those zones in a more classical setting.
They didn't insinuate that? They said zone populations should be more balanced now because of how ZEM's have changed.

If you want a "classic setting", then the play nice policy would need to be removed (or at the very least, changed to the actual classic PNP put into the game after 1 year). But aside from that, popular zones having over 100 people in them is what's classic. These places were so severely crowded back in the day that groups would be sitting around doing one tiny room with just a few NPC's on a long respawn time.

For leveling purposes, the game generally has enough content to support the population if people spread out. Lots of areas of popular dungeons don't have valuable item drops and should be open for exping.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
OP insinuated ppl would be pushed out of popular dungeons due to high population. I don't like that because I want to experience those zones in a more classical setting. I've never experienced pre kunark lvling. I missed Green for the most part. Not everyone is grinding the same game decade after decade. Maybe you all talking about trying a new path should take a break
You can still get into those dungeon groups, you might have to wait longer for a spot to open but just play an in-demand class if that's what you really want. Green was desperate for tanks in the first few weeks, I was getting invites from groups basically as soon as I logged on.

Or if you really want to just level through Crushbone/Unrest them just wait a few months for the population to spread out. Classic lasts an entire year.

I want to see the game like it was when a server launched back in 1999 and people actually grouped in outdoor zones. There's only two ways that happens: high pop or zem adjustment. When Green launched the outdoor ZEM was broken because it was left over from Blue and their attempts to nerf swarm kiting. They fixed it on green but not until months after launch, by which point most people were in CT.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:03 AM
Sarnak

Cool Good luck my friend!

Quote:
Forcing people to level in outdoor zones is not a good reason. Limiting legacy item access is not a good reason
This is probably a Castle 2.0 alt revealing his real problem with a single fresh server lol.

You see, Castle2.0 is so poor IRL that he needs to farm as many manastones as he can on 2 different fresh servers simultaneoulsy for RMT bucks.

He's got to pay off all the drug rehab debt and finish paying for all of his dental implants! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck my friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2022, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Dweeb
Old 11-25-2022, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Fix the dynamic respawn mechanic for newbie zones so they repopulate faster (and not using fixed spawn points) the busier the zone gets.

On live there never was a shortage of mobs in freeport west, not even with 20 newbs rinning around in that tiny yard.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 11-25-2022, 10:25 AM
Banned

this