Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-23-2022, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right. When I say "100 people in CB is unhealthy for the server" what I mean is "I don't like grouping."

If you really stretch you maybe have 10 camps in CB. So we have 60 people (10 groups of 6) with 40 people waiting in line for a group spot to open up.

These people would probably complain, but more than likely they are simply unable to contemplate group play.
This is exactly my point though. Crowding in Crushbone should be leading people to hunt in Steamfont and Butcherblock.

Also I don't think people crying for a split actually cared about grouping they cared about the queue for legacy items.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly my point though. Crowding in Crushbone should be leading people to hunt in Steamfont and Butcherblock.

Also I don't think people crying for a split actually cared about grouping they cared about the queue for legacy items.
You failed math, and now you failed logic.

You say there is "plenty of content for 2-3k people."

If you include Steamfont and Butcherblock there are still only 20-30 level 1-20 zones.

This means the 40 unhappy people in Crushbone can't go to SF or BB, because those zones also have 100 players each =) Probably each with 40+ unhappy players with no mobs to kill. Oh wait, they are outdoor zones so you'll have people camping individual 6 minute 40 second spawn mobs... just like classic.

*insert Keanu Reeves "wow" revelation meme"

You either didn't play launch, or don't remember.

tl;dr: There are not enough level 1-20 mobs in Classic EQ for 2000-3000 players to kill at the same time.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-23-2022 at 11:56 PM..
Old 11-24-2022, 12:00 AM
Banned

so upset at the thought of having to share and making frens
(lol)
Old 11-24-2022, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

A few months of camping single spawns and queueing for mobs would be great for yall. Plus there is always red99. So I totally agree with the OP.

Also if I was the devs or GMs I'd be conspicuously absent for the first 6 months of a new server than pop on and ban the biggest whiners than disappear again with the only messages a server wide FFA
Old 11-24-2022, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You failed math, and now you failed logic.

You say there is "plenty of content for 2-3k people."

If you include Steamfont and Butcherblock there are still only 20-30 level 1-20 zones.

This means the 40 unhappy people in Crushbone can't go to SF or BB, because those zones also have 100 players each =) Probably each with 40+ unhappy players with no mobs to kill. Oh wait, they are outdoor zones so you'll have people camping individual 6 minute 40 second spawn mobs... just like classic.

*insert Keanu Reeves "wow" revelation meme"

You either didn't play launch, or don't remember.

tl;dr: There are not enough level 1-20 mobs in Classic EQ for 2000-3000 players to kill at the same time.
I remember plenty well. I was grouping in Befallen non stop at release, maybe I just had it easier because I was one of the 10% of players playing tank instead of druid, mage, or chanter
Old 11-24-2022, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember plenty well. I was grouping in Befallen non stop at release, maybe I just had it easier because I was one of the 10% of players playing tank instead of druid, mage, or chanter
Try putting 100 players in Befallen =)
Old 11-24-2022, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Anything over 500 pre kunark is getting bulky. I want to xp in zones that I like. The people who want thousands on one server are incoherant desert madmen. What is so alluring about having big server pop? Do you want to show your mom or something? Can anyone give me one good reason? Forcing people to level in outdoor zones is not a good reason. Limiting legacy item access is not a good reason
Old 11-24-2022, 04:10 PM
Banned

massively multiplayer online role-playing game
(lol)
Old 11-24-2022, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Good job figuring out what mmrpg stands for
Old 11-24-2022, 05:43 PM
Banned

>wants to play EverQuest single player mode
(lol)