Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 11-24-2022, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Wizard trying to solo anything that's Level 51+ is generally going to need a Bioluminescent Orb, or else you're going to get summoned constantly and lose. Depending on exact equip it's various degrees of possible to solo level 51/52 mobs without Bio Orb, but it's unreliable and your HP is going to be hurting too much at the end to make it a way to farm at a good rate.

The best a Wizard can do is chaining Ice Spear + (Rend Robe or Vermilion Robe or Shissar Staff, depending on resists) + Bio Orb, while reapplying Root as needed. Epic for a bit of mana regen and Manna Robe inbetween med ticks after the kill to decrease downtime.

But good luck getting all those items if you're on one of the trash servers instead of Red.
Interesting. Does the blinding spell on that orb prevent summoning? I'll have to make that orb one of my life goals in that case.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard is hit or miss. I made a ton of friends on mine and would get invited for aoe groups a lot and even deep dungeon crawls. But be prepared to get a fair share of haters as well. I once had a group with a bard and enc which is a wizards dream and the cleric immediately disbanded once they saw I joined. I think some lazy wizards do give us a bad reputation in groups but there are quite a large amount of min maxers on these servers.
In a fast paced group I do my best not to be lazy and contribute everything I can, whether it be a DD, stun or root. Groups are rare but I honestly try my best. The truth of the matter is though I'm not able to contribute on every single fight. Mob pulls tend to outpace my mana and there are some I have to sit out on. I'm honestly scared that makes me look "lazy" in the eyes of others and it's probably why group invites are so extremely rare.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. Does the blinding spell on that orb prevent summoning? I'll have to make that orb one of my life goals in that case.
Feared mobs don't summon, and blinded mobs who are outside of melee range behave as if they are feared. These things work with Root, so although the mob is not running away, it won't summon still.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feared mobs don't summon, and blinded mobs who are outside of melee range behave as if they are feared. These things work with Root, so although the mob is not running away, it won't summon still.
Awesome! Will definitely try to get one of those one day.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of 51+ mobs don’t summon; BM and Alchemist/Acolyte dont for example. It’s an underdog farm class for sure. I just wouldn’t count out a skilled player and the stubborn desire to prove something in this game. Minus mathematical impossibilities if you have a small mana pool.

As for grind groups, meh. It’s a combination of some players setting poor class stereotypes and other players not willing to think outside the box. You don’t have to minmax at the docks in ROOP. This game isn’t always as hard as we think it is.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-25-2022 at 01:22 AM..
Old 11-25-2022, 04:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for grind groups, meh. It’s a combination of some players setting poor class stereotypes and other players not willing to think outside the box. You don’t have to minmax at the docks in ROOP. This game isn’t always as hard as we think it is.
I agree. You'd think a 20+ year old long conquered game wouldn't have such an uptight community, but eh. Wizard is my main and my favorite class, there's just no way around it. All I can do is the best I can. I have to believe one day I'll be able to see these dungeons even as a wizard.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. You'd think a 20+ year old long conquered game wouldn't have such an uptight community, but eh. Wizard is my main and my favorite class, there's just no way around it. All I can do is the best I can. I have to believe one day I'll be able to see these dungeons even as a wizard.
You definitely will! Are you guilded? If not finding a bunch of misfits to adventure with is easier than with a PUG.

Personally if it’s a dungeon adventure on any degree of difficulty I want classes like wizards with me. Putter along with a spell/snare here and there then slam the throttle when four come instead of one. Plus a succor in the back pocket is always a quicker reset than a CR.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Battlemaster does not summon,nor do many mobs in chardok
Old 11-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You definitely will! Are you guilded? If not finding a bunch of misfits to adventure with is easier than with a PUG.

Personally if it’s a dungeon adventure on any degree of difficulty I want classes like wizards with me. Putter along with a spell/snare here and there then slam the throttle when four come instead of one. Plus a succor in the back pocket is always a quicker reset than a CR.
I am guilded, but eh...I feel like I might as well not be, for all they're willing to even talk to me, let alone help with anything.

I appreciate the thought though. I wish more people thought as you did. Maybe one day I'll land an invite to something. All I can do is hope.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am guilded, but eh...I feel like I might as well not be, for all they're willing to even talk to me, let alone help with anything.

I appreciate the thought though. I wish more people thought as you did. Maybe one day I'll land an invite to something. All I can do is hope.
As a dedicated Wizard you should embrace the raid game then. This is where you will feel strongest.