Old 11-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Banned

I do fine on my Necro.

Sure, it takes a couple days to get 20k, but it's easy work
Old 11-23-2022, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor player thread, gross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine not knowing how to rake in platinum 23 years after the inception of this game
Old 11-23-2022, 05:51 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farming is for suckers, the real money is in becoming a guild officer to steal from the bank.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A) they were definitely on the loot tables on live as late as 2005.
I'm too lazy to search, but when ore blocks were removed, I seemed to remember hearing that they were introduced later in the timeline (out of era for p99) as the reason for removal. So, that would track with why you were seeing them in 2005.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Just play the damn game. Once you break level 5 you’ll be able to make enough pp to buy all the food, drink and bandages you’ll ever need.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 11-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

i feel like removing HQ ore is an oppressive move directly towards the underclasses of the game which is everyone who isn't an enchanter on p99 so thats that.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Default vanquish player eating their own poop on stream

does anyone have the video that was posted on a discord of a vanquish player eating their own poop?

i thought i noticed them from an old TMO guild rl photo thread but now i cant find the video since it was removed to compare it.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:21 AM
Banned

The roughest thing for me was finding out that they nerfed the Halflings in Misty Thicket. I used to make 10K a night farming these. And honestly I support the nerf to them, but I think the problem is that it was done too late and in the future, it should probably be done very early on, if not day 1 on new servers.

Before if I wanted an item that cost 40K, no big deal, open up YouTube, or find a Podcast, and farm halflings for a few hours every night. Minimal effort, and after no time, I would have enough money to buy whatever it was I wanted. Even if you just did them an hour a night, you would accrue a massive amount of $$$ in a months time, and the content wasn't challenging at all.

But now that's gone, and that's fine, but the problem is, the prices on servers are still super high, and there's not nearly as many ways for new or returning players to generate the kind of wealth expected out of them in order to buy stuff.

I guess I'm technically a little bit of a twink on Blue because I did level my Gnome Cleric off of halfling guards for as long as I could stand it, but then I run into other players my level who just started and I'm confused at how gimped they are because they are level 40 and still wearing ringmail, and go OOM trying to kill a blue mob.

I feel like if they had played pre-halfling nerf they would easily have gotten 200+ wisdom by level 40, but now all the decent plat camps are over-farmed, so they find themselves having to solo cactuses and mountain giants who drop trash loot.

I just hope on the new server, assuming it launches in 2023, that Halfling spears is nerfed from day 1. Think it will help the economy over all in the long run versus waiting 3 years into a server's life span to suddenly remove them.