weird flex for winning a /random
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-25-2022, 07:32 PM
Aviak

Yall mother fuckers need Jesus to bless your dice.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bump, Grats Aegis on server first competitive dain roll
Old 02-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there for that. It seemed like a really fair and drama free way to distribute raid mobs. It was a good decision by the GMs and I could see it working well for some other raid targets too.
Yup they really should have implemented that rule ten years ago. I don’t really raid anymore but this is a great idea not only for the sanity of the GMs but for the health of the server and it’s players.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup they really should have implemented that rule ten years ago. I don’t really raid anymore but this is a great idea not only for the sanity of the GMs but for the health of the server and it’s players.
yup everybody but the biggest zerg guild on the server is usually happy about any changes that make it so more guilds get more opportunities at targets

inb4 "when is instancing happening"
Old 02-26-2022, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yup everybody but the biggest zerg guild on the server is usually happy about any changes that make it so more guilds get more opportunities at targets

inb4 "when is instancing happening"
the literally should, what's the point in a classic everquest server that's not classic. just let everyone get the loot they want at this point. randoms and spamming quakes is basically the same shit anyway with more steps and work
Old 02-26-2022, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's the point in a classic everquest server
You wouldn't know this... because of your immersion level, employment status and all. But most EverQuest raid targets were not designed to be 130 man, warm-body, elephant walks.

Given even a slight opportunity, there are players that like to setup low-numbers kills to have an actual challenge and some fun with the game.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But most EverQuest raid targets were not designed to be 130 man, warm-body, elephant walks.
what the actual fuck are you talking about that's literally exactly what the game was, first raid i ever did was a 100+ man maestro/trash clear in 99'
Old 02-27-2022, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

And so the difficulty was upped for multiple targets. There are interviews with the original devs talking about this at length. They admitted that none of them anticipated such decisive, one-sided boss kills, and used those as justification for the changes made to those targets.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what the actual fuck are you talking about that's literally exactly what the game was, first raid i ever did was a 100+ man maestro/trash clear in 99'
Hate/Fear were, sure, but Velious was not. Warmbodies weren't particularly useful. One bad cleric in the chain against AoW or Tunare hurt you, not helped. One bumper or tank who cannot reliably accomplish these tasks result in a wipe. It's funny you mention Maestro though, because he was the first boss in the game where having MORE people made him more difficult. He does a PBAE lifetap and if you had a billion shitters, he would just heal more. But yeah, armor farms would get to 100+ because there was nothing else to do. Even Naggy/Vox didn't gain much from being zerged - someone sub-50 with no resist gear would do absolutely nothing, literally be feared/AoE'd the entire time and do zero damage.

Also remember this the era of Dial Up. Having 50 more low-quality players would just lag everyone out.

I played in a few decent guilds on live (Enlightened Dark on Tarew Marr and Talisman on Tunare) and we got one of the first Tunare kills in the game, and we had 50 people. NToV we did with 30-40ish. I only remember having to team up with another guild for AoW, and we only took their rogues, bards, and necros.