Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My anecdotal experience is very different from yours. You claim that this doesn't happen or that they don't do that. This did happen. They did do that.
You didn't answer any specifics, thus what you write sounds like bullshit. If you were some total outlier case, a completely innocent person who somehow got hounded worse than any other such player, then sorry for your luck. That DOESN'T happen normally on the server. There are global messages and chat that show the PvP kills and allow people to call out behaviors they disagree with. New players who were just casually trying to level and staying out of people's way were absolutely not being griefed to the extent you say, in the server's mature eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phinny, fear golems, and VS may be "raids" in the broad sense of the term, but they are not the raids players are looking for. This is literally all they can kill on red any more. Actual raids that people want to attend do not happen on red. They cannot happen on red.
More than those targets still got raided with lower numbers and you don't speak for all players anyway about what they want to do. Some people don't want to spend that much time raiding, and would likely find the experience on Red more productive, plus still having the option to do other content that normally would have been totally blocked to them if they did get interested in it.

You're entirely wrong saying "those raids can't happen on red". Of course they can. All it takes is people deciding to play on the server. Toxic trash like what you're posting is part of the reason why more haven't. It would actually be very easy at this point for an entire guild on Green/Blue to migrate to Red, as you can get to Level 60 very quick and the content is very much open to be raided.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters can definitely contribute to fights and they are still Gods of PvE
That is true. I actually rolled an enchanter on Red because I've wanted to get into the class for such a long time, but it has a steep learning curve and typically folks die a lot learning how to play them well. Red appealed to me because of the exp bonus and the lack of people, where I could learn on my own, make all the mistakes I need, and not inconvenience anyone.

I was definitely warned in advance that they're not a PvP class though, and I took that to heart. I expected to never win any fights with one. Especially as a fresh roll with no gear. Since I don't have any friends I wasn't expecting help with gankers either. I legitimately was hoping, if I ever did run into a ganker, the inevitable yellow spam would earn me some pity from the rest of the server, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kael is a high level contested zone, so nobody was getting "ganked repeatedly" there. Whoever goes there should know the risk. You can't even be killed repeatedly in the zone if you don't want to be, you just call LnS. If you saw someone getting killed many times in a short period, then it means they were trying to fight, which is their choice.
I wasn't there, I couldn't tell you what happened. All I remember was the spam of yellow messages. I even said in OOC "hey don't you guys think he's had enough?" and folks just laughed it off. I left shortly after, because that could have easily been me.
Last edited by tadkins; 09-01-2021 at 04:16 AM..
Old 09-01-2021, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't there, I couldn't tell you what happened. All I remember was the spam of yellow messages. I even said in OOC "hey don't you guys think he's had enough?" and folks just laughed it off. I left shortly after, because that could have easily been me.
Well no, it couldn't have easily been you, because you would just need to call LnS and then you would be free to go on your way. If someone is getting chain killed it means they are trying to fight. I sometimes used to die a bunch of times per hour just to slow an opposing guild down or fight for the area I wanted, because I didn't care about a meaningless kill message, it was just the best thing to do for zone control. You used to come back with full mana after drowning, so it was especially fun to suicide bomb over and over as a Wizard by binding myself underwater in OoT and then heading right back over to nuke a group or person that thought they could try and take the Seafuries all for themselves.

Or, the other reason you'd see someone being killed over and over is because they are afk at their bind point, which is irrelevant.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Well no, it couldn't have easily been you, because you would just need to call LnS and then you would be free to go on your way. If someone is getting chain killed it means they are trying to fight.
Fair enough. I'll chalk it up to my anxious and depressed self always assuming the worst. Do folks get punished if someone asks for a LnS but continues to get killed?
Old 09-01-2021, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough. I'll chalk it up to my anxious and depressed self always assuming the worst. Do folks get punished if someone asks for a LnS but continues to get killed?
They will get suspended if you report it. LnS was taken seriously and people feel victorious anyway when they get others to call it, so there's not much reason to break the rule.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:28 AM
Banned

"EQ is heavily team-oriented" Only if you don't roll a shaman.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure why a "will Green and Blue merge?" topic turned into "why Red is (isn't) a pile of radioactive waste?" topic.

The reason Red is so unpopular today is obvious - it's the gear gap. It has been discussed many times over the last few years. PvP'ing in rags against Velious-geared people who have been playing for years isn't appealing to any sane person. This natural selection of new blood ultimately leads to the high concentration of braindead druggies on the server which, in turn, drives even more sane people away as they are unwilling to interact with toxic fucks on a daily basis, especially considering you need to be part of a raiding guild to get high-end Velious geared.

The solution is: don't have Velious.

Red needs a wipe at this point and restart with no Velious release ever. Red was awesome in Kunark.

Now we can go back to discussing Blue/Green.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

When Seal Team wakes the sleeper blue and green servers will instantly shut down, merge, and come back as the Cyan server.

Additionally, Sirken will return as head GM and dragons will become unrooted. However, FTE racing will be reinstated because this game isn’t truly fun unless you’re staring at a wall and not actually playing.

It’s basically the Matrix Reloaded.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't play EQ at all.
Please stop posting. It's obvious you don't know what the environment is like. Your arguments are all hypothetical and not applicable to the red99 server.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Please stop posting. It's obvious you don't know what the environment is like. Your arguments are all hypothetical and not applicable to the red99 server.
Yeah for real. This guy started playing in 2011, admits he doesn't play anymore, yet is trying to comment on the current existing state of the server? Very odd.
Closed Thread