Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Default Druid Wiki page

Greetings.

I recently noticed that the Bard wiki page have got a facelift in regards to its song list.

I did some blatant ripping off, and changed a few wording to fit more into the line of spells rather than songs.

If it looks like an upgrade, i will work further on it.

Feedback appreciated =)

http://wiki.project1999.com/User:Dnatabar

Sincerely,
Dnatabar
(Dryse @ Blue)
Old 06-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Aviak

nice,
Old 06-21-2015, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

looks good do enjoy your time and thank you
Old 06-21-2015, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Looks good. I like the list of vendor locations in particular although right now all it does is link to the zone. It would be nice if it could somehow point to the list of vendors for each spell.

Will we be able to jump to different level sets of spells from the table of contents the way we can currently?

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks good. I like the list of vendor locations in particular although right now all it does is link to the zone. It would be nice if it could somehow point to the list of vendors for each spell.

Will we be able to jump to different level sets of spells from the table of contents the way we can currently?
I'm not a shark at this wiki stuff, i mostly just stole the templates from the bards songs =p, but i'l look into it =)
Old 06-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fixed the location links =)
Old 06-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a shark at this wiki stuff, i mostly just stole the templates from the bards songs =p, but i'l look into it =)
Quote:
It would be nice if it could somehow point to the list of vendors for each spell.
This is totally possible, but it would require some very dedicated person to go through every spell and change all of the links from zone links to vendor links. Since dnatabar has already put in a lot of effort perhaps someone else will take up that challenge?

Quote:
As long as there are headings for each level of spells (ie. the "Levels 1" text) the table of contents at the top of the page will link to that level of spells.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

It's gonna be very large. It works for bards because they only have about 60 songs. Druids have 60 spells by the time they hit lv 19.
As long as it keeps the skip to level links, sure w/e.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's gonna be very large. It works for bards because they only have about 60 songs. Druids have 60 spells by the time they hit lv 19.
As long as it keeps the skip to level links, sure w/e.
Yea, I know it will take up a lot more space than the bard songs, but personally, i have missed a better overview of the druid spells.
And when i saw how the bard songs were made, i thought, it would be great for all spells as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2015, 03:49 AM
Aviak

I just thought about using RegEx to do a lot of the initial work, and i have worked out a pattern.

Pattern(.NET):
Quote:
(<tr.*><td.*?>\[\[(.*)\]\]</td><td.*?>(.*)</td><td.*?>(.*)?</td><td.*?>([a-zA-Z\.]*)</td><td.*?>([a-zA-Z\.\s]*)</td><td.*?>(\d*)</td></tr>)
Target:
Quote:
<tr><td width='22%'>[[Burst of Flame]]</td><td width='52%'>Fire based Direct Damage</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Evo.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>7</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td width='22%'>[[Dance of the Fireflies]]</td><td width='52%'>Summons a globe of light</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Con.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr><td width='22%'>[[Endure Fire]]</td><td width='52%'>Increase resistance to Fire</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Abj.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>20</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td width='22%'>[[Flame Lick]]</td><td width='52%'>Damage over Time with Armor Class Debuff</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Evo.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr><td width='22%'>[[Lull Animal]]</td><td width='52%'>Decreases an animal's aggro range</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Alt.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td width='22%'>[[Minor Healing]]</td><td width='52%'>Heals damage done to the target</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Alt.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr><td width='22%'>[[Panic Animal]]</td><td width='52%'>Forces an animal to run away in terror</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Alt.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td width='22%'>[[Sense Animals]]</td><td width='52%'>Makes the caster face the closest Animal</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Div.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>5</td></tr>
<tr><td width='22%'>[[Skin Like Wood]]</td><td width='52%'>Increase targets hitpoints and AC</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Abj.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>10</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td width='22%'>[[Snare]]</td><td width='52%'>Slows the movement rate of target</td><td width='5%'>&nbsp;</td><td width='5%'>Alt.</td><td width='8%'>Vendor.</td><td width='5%'>15</td></tr>
Result:
Quote:
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Burst of Flame]] | [[Evo.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Fire based Direct Damage}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Burst of Flame#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Burst of Flame#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Burst of Flame#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Burst of Flame#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Dance of the Fireflies]] | [[Con.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Summons a globe of light}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Dance of the Fireflies#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Dance of the Fireflies#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Dance of the Fireflies#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Dance of the Fireflies#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Endure Fire]] | [[Abj.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Increase resistance to Fire}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Endure Fire#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Endure Fire#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Endure Fire#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Endure Fire#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Flame Lick]] | [[Evo.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Damage over Time with Armor Class Debuff}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Flame Lick#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Flame Lick#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Flame Lick#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Flame Lick#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Lull Animal]] | [[Alt.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Decreases an animal's aggro range}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Lull Animal#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Lull Animal#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Lull Animal#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Lull Animal#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Minor Healing]] | [[Alt.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Heals damage done to the target}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Minor Healing#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Minor Healing#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Minor Healing#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Minor Healing#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Panic Animal]] | [[Alt.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Forces an animal to run away in terror}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Panic Animal#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Panic Animal#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Panic Animal#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Panic Animal#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Sense Animals]] | [[Div.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Makes the caster face the closest Animal}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Sense Animals#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Sense Animals#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Sense Animals#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Sense Animals#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Skin Like Wood]] | [[Abj.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Increase targets hitpoints and AC}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Skin Like Wood#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Skin Like Wood#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Skin Like Wood#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Skin Like Wood#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}
{{SpellRow | LEVEL | [[Snare]] | [[Alt.]] | TARGET | &nbsp; | Incomplete
| spellicon = O
| Description = {{BardsongMultiline | Slows the movement rate of target}}{{BardsongMultiline | Add more details, such as damage at level LEVEL and max level.}}
| Detrimental = 1
| Locations = {{BardsongMultiline | [[Snare#Where_to_Obtain|Ak'Anon]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Snare#Where_to_Obtain|East Cabilis]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Snare#Where_to_Obtain|Erudin Palace]]}}{{BardsongMultiline | [[Snare#Where_to_Obtain|More...]]}}
}}

As its easy enough to see, it can only get the information that is already on the druid page, so stuff like the right locations have to be manually changed, spellIcon, detrimental status, detailed description, target type and when all that is done, remove the | Incomplete.

The spell school that is shortened as well as the Era, i can easily fix with a search and replace.

Check it out at http://wiki.project1999.com/User:Dnatabar

Under the heading RegEx Made is the result of less than 5 minutes of copy pasting, while using the pattern i made above.
Sure there is still a lot of work to do on those, but a lot of it have already been done with the RegEx ;)
Last edited by dnatabar; 06-22-2015 at 03:56 AM..
Closed Thread