Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Default Journal of Wizard...

Think I finally picked my main and thought I would do a little journal of my leveling experience.

After many restarts, I rolled up an Erudite Wizard. I put 25 into Int and 5 into Agility. I know a lot of the posts say to put the stats elsewhere, but C'est la vie.

Started off just killing whatever in Tox forest and vendoring it all. First few levels went by pretty quickly although it is hard getting used to being so squishy. I played a cleric on Brell Serilis just after launch for a few years. Didn't do much alting at all, and never a caster.

After not too many deaths I made level 4 and left Tox with a full set of cloth, a Sr. Apprentice Robe, the bare minimum in spells and a cracked staff. Took the boat to Qeynos and got a bind. Luckily I was able to hitch a ride to Butcherblock with someone porting and turned in all my bone chips at the Paladin guild in Kaladim which brought me almost to level 6.

Next headed to Blackburrow and got into some nice little groups/duo trios. Made a few levels there and gathered a fair amount of fangs. One problem was the number of higher levels who would come around the bridge and kill our gnolls. Levels 9-11 stealing our level 4, 5, 6 gnolls that my little group of 5-7's were killing. This forced me to move deeper past the doors which was ill advised. Three deaths in less than a half hour put a damper on my progress.

Eventually turned in my fangs hit level 9 and was done with Black Burrow.

Started killing the Rabid Bear outside and again hit a little snag with three more deaths in a half hour. With this Wiz it seems like that is a pattern for me, haha. But got my rhythm down and with turn ins I ended up getting to almost level 13 and walked away with all my spells (the good ones anyway) and an extra 120 pp to spare.

At this point I am doing some leisurely wisp hunting on Erud's Crossing and typing this in between pulls.

Hit level 13 and will stay here a bit longer. Would like to walk away with 8 GLS and some LS too. Will turn into the Gypsy in NK. My next hunting ground will be to hopefully find a bandit group or partner in WK. Will turn in Sashes and bank more money then head to ECL tunnel to see if I can buy some earrings and rings.

Want to do this nontwinked and self found. Self found meaning hunt it myself or pay fair market value for all my gear.

Anway thanks for reading. Future updates should be shorter and less wall of textish.

Quintilius
Wizard of Erudin (13th Circle)
Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Orc

Good luck in your adventures.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Skeleton

Greetings. I just started back a few days ago, too. I played for two years right when the game came out, and I have forgotten almost everything since then! Anyone happen to know the turn-in quests for the freeport and commons areas? I turned in for my monk sash, but don't recall any other low level (5-6ish) turn in quests.

Thanks,

Segreto
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

What did you do with your non erudite wizard?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Great story so far. Wizards are a difficult class to start with untwinked, but I think they're a lot of fun. Keep the updates coming!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!

I played a ranger called Zantes on Brell Serelis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Good story & welcome, I'll take this sort of wall of text any day than most others.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Welcome, thanks for the story. Mine is fairly short for a ranger. It goes something like, made character, died died died died died died, somehow made level, died, deleveled, died, made level again,rinse repeat.

Is nice to read more uplifting stories like yours[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

My DE wizard is still sitting at level 3 in Nek Forest haha. Segreto, go to P99 Wiki for a list of all the great turn in quests to help get you started and make a few pp. The only one I know off the top of my head for EC is the Deathfist belts.

Thanks to others and will keep the updates coming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Kobold

/wave

I grouped with Quint on my Bard alt in Blackburrow. He's good people!

Tiewon Shu 14th Fist of Silence
Bandoe Jutte Bard if the 7th Orchestra
Closed Thread